Is this... Love? : Chapter 9

Previous chapter

"Attention, Attention. There will be a contest that will take place in 1 hour. The contest will be about the best couple. Winner will win a..."

"A trip to the hot springs, and a little photo shoot with the winning couple!"

The whole room got quiet. All there were was mumbles in the crowd.

Kaito turned to Sakura once the announcement was finished. "Want to join the contest?"

Sakura's eyes widen at the question, "But we're not a c-couple!" Kaito smiled at Sakura and took her hand, holding it in front of them. "We can just act we're couples, can't we? Anyways. A trip to the hot springs sounds nice. Don't you think?"

Sakura's cheeks were tainted pink as Kaito took her hand in which she reacted by looking at the ground. She nodded slightly which made Kaito smile and pull her along. "Let's put our names on the list."

"E-Eh? Wait I'm going to f-fall!" She tried to balance but ended up falling on the ground. "A-Ah.. It hurts." Kaito stopped and quickly went to Sakura's side.

"S-Sorry. Are you ok?" Kaito gave her a hand and helped her up. "I'm fine. Don't worry about it."

Kaito let go of Sakura's hand. His hands were in his pockets as he continued to walk. But this time, slowly.

Sakura stood there and looked at her hand that Kaito held.

I wanted him to continue holding ny hand..

She quickly shook her head before walking a bit faster, catching up to Kaito. "If we're a couple, you shouldn't be leaving me." She tugged on Kaito's shirt and looked away.

Kaito blushed and nodded, "R-Right. Sorry."

That caused a scene. A huge scene.. It was horrifying.

The students around them yelled with confusement. "Kaito-Sama! You're dating her!"

"Kaito-Kun!"

"Such a plain girl with Kaito-Sama.."

"Why are they dating!"

Sakura realized what she said and quickly covered her mouth.

I'm so dead..

Kaito realized how embarrased Sakura is feeling and pulled her by his side, holding onto her shoulder. "We're dating. Is there a problem?"

That was the last thing they said before Kaito took her hand and started to run to the place where they sign up for the contest. It did leave a huge commotion.

They finally reached the destination before they tried to catch their breath.
"We lost them. But they'll find us at our cafe soon once our break ends.." Kaito sat down and looked at the line.

"W-We have to wait.. Are we going to have enough time to g-go back to class?" Kaito stared at her and ruffled her hair. He stood up and brought her to the line.

"We'll be fine. Don't worry. Anyways, how long would it take for them to just write their names, right?"

Sakura nodded and looked down at their hands.

W-We're holding hands again..

After a couple of minutes, it's their turn to apply for the contest.

"Kaito Yamashita, Sakura Takahashi"

Once they finished writing the their names, they went back to class and helped out the cafe.

They arrived just on time and began to work, Sakura was a bit nervous at first but she got the hang of it and relaxed.

"Oi, is that Sakura? She seems... Prettier today." A male student with brown haired commented.

"You just have a thing for maids.. But I agree. She seems prettier with a smile. How come we never noticed this?" His friend replied.

"Hmm. I found my new target then." The brown haired male's friend glared at him.

"You shouldn't do that, Ryu.."

Kurai overheard that conversation and walked away.

"Did you guys see class 2-4's maid cafe? The girls there are cute and hot."

"Kyaaa~ Kaito-sama is wearing a butler outfit! Although Kurai is looking hot as weell..."

Those were a few comments on the maid cafe. Surprisingly, a lot of people enjoyed it. Although it took a while for Sakura to get used to serving others.

Little did she know, a certain butler was taking small glances at her.

Aaaand finished! I read a lot of the comments and one suggested Kurai to be a love rival? But I was thinking of Kurai thinking he's in love with Sakura buut plot twist. Also I might add a transfer student that all shoujos have o3o (well not all)