Chapter 5: Long Way Home

*X's POV*

"You can call me X" I said when he asked my name. He was looking around still kinda stunned with all the damage that I caused. " So we'll just wait here till they wake up then we'll get going" he said. I looked at him wide eyed " Are you crazy we can't stay. There's a Hydra base 25 miles from here and from the fight that just happened they're probably on our trail as we speak."

He looked at me "how many do you think are coming?" he asked. "Not much, I blew up their base, and they're probably badly wounded" I said. He replied "then whats the problem with staying here if we can easily fight them off"

I sighed "you don't get it. There's another base pretty close to here they can always call in backup. For a matter of fact I know that they already have."

"So what do you suggest we do then" he says.

"Well how did you get here"

"We came on a jet."

"Can you fly it"

"Yeah."

"Then we need to load these guys" I point to his team "on the jet and get out of here. We don't have much time" I say.

"Ok, I'll fly the jet over here and we can load them on" He says. He starts running into the woods. I wait there for about 5 minutes when a silent jet flies over and starts decending. Spangles gets out and opens the back. We start loading his team onto the jet. Luckily we didn't have any Hydra interruptions while we were loading so it didn't take us very long. Spangles straps himself in the front and starts to take off while I stay in the back and watch over his crew. I noticed that they looked pretty beat up which makes me feel worse about what I did. After about 20 minutes I head up to the front where spangles was and I sit down in the opposite chair. "Hey" I ask "I never caught your name". 

He keeps his eyes on the sky and replies "Captain America. But my real name's Steve. Steve Rogers." I nod and look out the window when I heard russeling in the back. Steve turns to me and asks if I could go check on them. I nod and head to the back where I am greeted with an angry red head and a knife to my throat. She asks really angrily "We are not letting you hijack this jet " with every word the knife goes deeper into my throat until I feel a streak of blood run down my neck. I can hear Steve pushing buttons and then unstrap himself to come back here. "Nat calm down she agreed to come with us" She looked at me and the knife loosened from my throat and she walked away toward what I think is a bathroom. Steve starts "Sorry, that's Natasha. She's not always like that, once you get to know here she's really nice." 

I looked at him and thought well I don't really know if I want to know her. I turn around to find the others waking up and giving me glares. I look down and find a seat that is the farthest away from them, and sit there in silence, while Steve heads back to the cockpit. This is going to be a long ride I thought. After a little while two guys come and sit next to me on either side. One had black hair and a black goatee and the other had graying hair and a unsure posture. The one with the goatee introduced them both "I'm Tony Stark or Ironman, this is Bruce Banner the other guy is Hulk." I shake their hands "I'm X" I say. They look at each other then at me "Like Project-X" Tony asks. I flinch at the intrusive memories that hit me when when he said Project-X. "Kinda yeah, Hydra took my memories along time ago, they always called me X, and when they started the testing there were tons of candidates all of them died except me so they thought they wouldn't need to get anymore subjects, and just decided that they would just focus on testing me, so hence the name Project-X"

Everything went quiet after that, they must of thought it was to much for me to handle, bringing up the really bad memories of Hydra, the experiments, and what they didn't know. The torture and beatings.

There was only one thought going through my head that entire plane ride though. I finally free, I excaped, I survived, and in a really long time I actually full heartily laughed...and it felt good.