Chapter 4.12 (The delegation from France)

"I don't believe it!" Ron said, in a stunned voice, as the Hogwarts students filed back up the steps behind the party from Durmstrang. "Krum, Harry! Viktor Krum!"

"For heaven's sake, Ron, he's only a Quidditch player." Said Hermione.

"Only a Quidditch player?" Ron said, looking at her as though he couldn't believe his ears. "Hermione...he's one of the best Seekers in the world! I had no idea he was still at school!"

As they recrossed the Entrance Hall with the rest of the Hogwarts students, heading for the Great Hall, Aurora saw Luca jumping up and down on the soles of his feet to get a better look at the back of Krum's head. Several sixth year girls were frantically searching their pockets as they walked. "Oh, I don't believe it, I haven't got a single quill on me..."

"D'you think he'd sign my hat in lipstick?"

"Really?" Hermione said loftily, as they passed the girls, now squabbling over the lipstick.

"I'm getting his autograph if I can." Said Ron. "You haven't got a quill, have you, Harry?"

"Nope, they're upstairs in my bag." Said Harry.

"Aurora!" Someone called and she looked up to see Professor Dumbledore moving towards her. Harry and Ron hadn't noticed Dumbledore calling her because Ron was still talking about Krum.

"Yes?" Aurora asked as soon as Dumbledore was close enough. Aurora noticed that he looked a little distressed.

"We have a problem. The Beauxbatons students were supposed to sleep in their carriage during their stay here but apparently the rooms are without heating." Dumbledore said. "Can I propose that about five or six of them temporarily sleep with you in your dorm?"

"Of course...but we don't have enough beds. How will they fit?"

"I'll take care of that."

"Okay, then. Just show me which ones will be sleeping with us in our dorm and I'll show them the way after dinner."

"Thank you, Aurora. I wouldn't know where I would've put them otherwise." Dumbledore placed a hand on her shoulder, looking relieved. "I wanted to ask you something else...you speak French, right?"

"Fluently...why?"

"I-"

"Dumbledore! You coming?" Karkaroff called.

Dumbledore sighed deeply. "I'll see you at dinner, Aurora." And he strode off towards Madame Maxime and Karkaroff, who were waiting for him.

Aurora entered the Great Hall where she immediately joined her friends. "Girls, it looks like we're going to have some new dormmates for a while." Aurora said.

"Who?" Victoria asked, clearly surprised by this. "New students?"

"No, some of the Beauxbatons lot have nowhere to stay..."

"This could be fun!" Victoria said, to a sceptical-looking Elizabeth. "Meeting new cultures, wizards from other countries-"

"Excuse me," Elizabeth said, pretending to be offended. "But I'm half-French in case you've forgotten. I know what those arrogant little croissants are like. But it's okay, I'll show those primadonnas how things go around here."

"Effie..." Hermione sighed. "Don't scare them away. We need to set an example."

"But I'll be an example." Elizabeth said innocently. "I'll show them why Hogwarts is the best wizarding school in the world."

"I'm already worried." Giselle sighed from her spot next to Neville.

Ron and Harry weren't listening to the girls' conversation. Instead they sat on the side facing the doorway, because Krum and his fellow Durmstrang students were still gathered around it, apparently unsure about where they should sit. The students from Beauxbatons had chosen seats at the Ravenclaw table. They were looking around the Great Hall with glum expressions on their faces. Three of them were still clutching scarves and shawls around their heads.