Chapter 4.24 (The hidden dog)

Be at stile at end of road out of Hogsmeade (past Dervish & Banges) at two o'clock on Saturday afternoon. Bring as much food as you can.

"Er....I don't think this is supposed to be for me." Elizabeth said as she read the short note. The brown owl who had brought it to her had half its feathers sticking up in the wrong way. Not only that but the owl looked clearly out of it. When it took flight again, it zigzagged a lot and hit its head eventually against one of the windows. "Ara...you know who this is for?" She said, handing it to her.

Aurora recognised the handwriting immediately. It was from Sirius. "I think I do." She said, getting up and leaving Elizabeth behind in confusion. "Harry, what the hell is this and why didn't you tell me you wrote Sirius?"

"You were a little too busy." Harry snapped. "I believe you had a date...didn't want to disturb you."

"Would you stop that!" Aurora said in exasperation. "You could've just told me afterwards. I have the right to know that my father is probably planning to meet us...in freaking Hogsmeade!" She hissed.

"What?" Harry said, alarmed and Aurora handed him the note. "I can't believe him." Said Harry tensely after he read the note. "If he's caught..."

"Well, he made it this far..." Aurora said, far less worried. If her father was anything like herself, he wouldn't get caught that easily. And he would be way too stubborn for anyone to prevent him from coming. "It's not like the place is still swarming with Dementors. He'll be fine."

Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle were standing in a huddle outside the Potions classroom with Nova Highland's gang of Slytherin girls: Pansy Parkinson, Tracey Davis and Millicent Bulstrode. All of them were looking at something Aurora couldn't see and sniggering heartily. Pansy's pug-like face peered excitedly around Goyle's broad back as Aurora, Harry, Ron and Hermione approached. "There they are, there they are!" She giggled, and the knot of Slytherins broke apart.

Aurora saw that Nova had a magazine in her hands - Witch Weekly.

"You might find something to interest you in there, Black!" Pansy said loudly, and Nova threw the magazine at Aurora, who caught it, looking startled. At that moment, the dungeon door opened, and Snape beckoned them all inside. 

Aurora, Harry and Ron headed for a table at the back of  the dungeon as usual. Once Snape had turned his back, and was expertly distracted by Elizabeth, Aurora hastily riffled through the magazine under the desk. At last, in the centre pages, Aurora found what they were looking for. Harry and Ron leant in closer. A colour photograph of Harry headed a short piece entitled:

HARRY POTTER'S SECRET HEARTACHE

A BOY LIKE NO OTHER, perhaps - yet a boy suffering all the usual pangs of adolescence, writes Rita Skeeter. Deprived from love since the tragic demise of his parents, fourteen-year-old Harry Potter thought he had found solace in his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts, Dumbledore's granddaughter, Aurora Black. Little did he know that he would shortly be suffering yet another emotional blow in a life already littered with personal loss.

Miss Black, a stunning but mysterious girl, seemed to have a taste for famous wizards that Harry alone cannot satisfy. Not only is she related to Albus Dumbledore, Head of Hogwarts - other familymembers include the notorious massmurderer Sirius Black. Miss Black has been toying with several boys' affections since her arrival at Hogwarts in 1991. Some of her victims even include Harry Potter's best friends, Ron Weasley, Dean Thomas and Colin Creevey. Cedric Diggory, one of the Hogwarts champions, is openly smitten with the devious Miss Black, and the two have been seen kissing in deserted corridors and dark corners. He insists that he has 'never felt this way about any other girl'.