Chapter 9

* ONE WEEK LATER *

Me and Harry were starting to grow closer as biology partners, probably because he asked me to prom and everything.

We started to make it a usual thing to come over to each other's houses at the end of everyday whenever no one was around, and still I'd be two different people.

At school, I'd be the typical popular girl who everyone looked up to, and at the end of the day, I'd spend it with Harry, typing up essays and building our project either at his place, or mine.

Throughout the whole week, I dealed with double lives, day and night.

Call me Hannah Montana, but I was actually happy with myself.

But tonight was the night. I had my dress layed out on my bed, my parents smiling proudly at me at my doorway.

"We are so proud of you, Megan."

"Thanks guys." I breathed out, nervously.

"Why so nervous sweetheart? You never told us who your date to prom was.. Oh isn't it Liam?" My mom's eyes lit up.

My smile faded. "O-oh, mom we broke up." I looked down at my hands.

"What?" Dad rose his eyebrows.

"Yeah, um I don't really want to talk about it, so I think I should get ready." I nodded.

There were three reasons I was quite anxious.

1. I'd see Liam with a different girl, high chances that girl being Jess.

2. I'd get laughed at for going to prom with the school nerd.

AND

3. If I make one mistake, I might hurt Harry's feelings.

Sighing, I mentally prayed in my head things would just go right tonight.

I knew that people were dying to know who my date was to prom, seeing that I wasn't with Liam anymore.. But sure as hell they'd be surprised once they found out I came with Harry..

I had a feeling either my night would go completely bad, or the complete opposite.

Who knows, right?

- Harry's POV -

My mum started to cry tears of joy once she saw me, engulfing me into a big hug.

"Oh my baby looks so handsome!" She coo'd as I laughed.

"Oh my god, Harry." My older sister Gemma was just as shocked as she held a hand to her mouth.

I said I'd look my best, just for Megan.. Through the whole week, I've been practicing on how to dress, talk, and etc.

And in a week's time, I managed to find a really good looking tux and a good pair of shoes.

My hair wasn't pushed back this time around, since I remembered Megan telling me she had liked my hair not styled. My hair was in their simple curls, replacing my glasses with a pair of contacts. And I recently just got my braces out.

"I don't know what I'm saying but.. If I wasn't your sister I'd totally date you! Wow." Gemma whispered, making me chuckle.

"Well I should probably get going." I nodded.

"Oh my god your lisp is gone!" Gemma clapped, grinning. "And you look like a man?! I'm sorry, but oh my god I'm so proud of you."

"Okay, okay Gem. Pictures, pictures!" My mum grinned, poking my dimple as I smiled.