Chapter Seven

I went to Sam's room. He was on his bed texting. "Hey buddy." He put it in his pocket. "I was thinking, maybe we could go somewhere today."

"Like...?" "I dunno. The movies? Somewhere to eat?"

Sam shrugged. "I'm hungry I guess"

"Okay. Get dressed." I walked out and went to get dressed too. A phew minutes later he came out and I started tickling him. "Ow!" I pulled away and looked at him, then lifted his shirt up. There was deep purple bruises all over his ribs. "Oh my god. Is this from the fight? Why didn't you tell me!" He pulled his shirt down. "Because I knew you'd react like that."

I rubbed his back. "Let's go."
He followed me to the car and started texting again. "Seatbelt." He put his seatbelt on and I pulled out of the driveway.

I glanced over at him. I'm not really sure what to say to him...

The trip was pretty much silent.

When we got there we were in the parking lot, walking up to the Applebee's. "Who you texting?" I asked, looking over his shoulder at his phone.

"No one." I grabbed the phone and started reading the texts. "Deannn!" He snapped, trying to snatch it from my hands. I laughed, "who's Emily?"

"Dean!" He snapped again. "your girlfriend? Oh, 'baby' huh?" I asked, in a mocking way. He jumped up and tried to grab it. "so, who is she?"
"My friend."

"Whom you call baby?"
He glared at me.
"I'm just saying." I laughed. I gave him his phone back and tickled his sides lightly. "Stawwpp!" He laughed and ran. I ran and caught up with him and went inside.

We got a table and ordered our food.

"So, how'd you meet her?"
"She goes to my school."
"Mhm...When did you start going out?"
"Err...Like a year ago."
I choked on my drink a little.
"A year?"
"Yeah...What about you? You with anyone?"

"Uhh..." I looked down at my food.

"Yeah..." I said.
"What's her name? How'd you meet? What's she look like? Is she hot?"

"Whoa, slow down. Her name's Emma. We met about 3 years ago, we actually met here... She's blonde with blue eyes."

"Emily is blonde with green eyes."

"Hm." I said, eating.

"Is she hot?"
"Um.."
"Well?"
"Yeah.."

We continued eating.

*skip*

After we finished eating we payed and went back to the car. I noticed he had long sleeves on. In the summer?

"Sam..." I said, eyeing him.
"Huh?"
"Pull your sleeves up."
His face turned pale and he tensed.

I started the engine and drove home.

Trigger Warning⚠️

"Why would you hurt yourself?"

He stayed silent.

My eyes watered a little and I bit my tongue, but kept driving.

When we got there I pulled him inside and sat him on my lap.

"Sam, please, pull your sleeves up."

He kind of just froze and clenched his sleeves in his hands.
I gently opened his hands and pulled the sleeves up.

There were cuts along his wrists.

My heart dropped and he started crying.

"why?" I asked.