Chapter Nine

Today was our dad's trial. He ended up being released. I'm not going to tell Sam, it'll only upset him. It's going to be hard, though, in a small town like this. Word gets around fast.

"I think you should tell him. He has a right to know."
"I know, I know. I just don't want to worry him. It'll be fine." "Dean!" She snapped. "He's not a baby, he can handle the truth."

I sank down in my seat. I hate when she does that, uses that tone. "I'm not going to."

About 5 minutes later Sam came in and slammed the newspaper onto the table, glaring at me.

"3-1-16. John Winchester gets released from a 20 year sentence in prison" he read the title out loud.

"Sam, I'm sorry-"

"When were you going to tell me!? That was 4 days ago!"

I stood up. "I know you're mad but you're not going to talk to me like that. Lower your voice."

"I can't yell but you can keep secrets!?"

"Sam-"

"both of you, stop!" Emma yelled.
We both shut up.

"Dean, you should have told him. Sam, he was only trying to protect you."

"Stay out of it!" Sam snapped. Oh, great. If I know Emma at all, she doesn't take back talk.

"Okay, listen here, I'm an adult. You don't talk to adults like that. I wont stay out of it and watch you both act like children. You're both hurt about it, you're in it together so stop being against eachother." Sam backed up a little and Emma glanced at me, questionably. I nodded.

"I don't care if I'm not your parent, you're not going to talk to him or me like that. Do I make myself clear?"

"Y-Yes ma'am."

She backed away from him. "Sam, I'm sorry. It'll be okay. I just didn't want to worry you."

"He's out. He-..."

I went over to him and hugged him, then bent down a little to his level. He's not that much shorter, he's tall for his age. He comes to my chest.

"Sam, you're safe. He cant hurt you."

He nodded a little.

"We...Also...Wanted to talk to you..about something else.." I said.

He looked at us, a little confused.

"Would you be okay with Emma moving in?"

"Yes?"

*skip* (sorry)

"Sam!" I called from downstairs.
He came down a phew minutes later. I noticed he has long sleeves on this time, but I let it slide. He's probably just hiding the scars.
"I gotta go, work called me, they need me for a case. You still need to finish chores. Emma's in charge while I'm gone. Bye, love you!" I ran out the door, grabbing my keys on the way.

*Sams POV*

I looked at Emma, then went to the couch and started playing FIFA.

"Chores?" She said. I ignored her.

She stood in front of the TV. I glanced around her. "You're gonna make me die! Move!" I said.
She unplugged the game system.

I groaned. "Now I have to start over."

"Not until you finish chores like Dean told you to."

"Whatever, you're not the boss of me." I took my phone out and started playing flappy bird. She snatched it from my hands. "no, but i sure can call him." She said.
I glared at her. "Fuck you."

She yanked me up from the couch, and basically dragged me to the bathroom.

"let go of me!"

She pinched my nose so that I had to open my mouth to breathe, then shoved soap in. "Don't you dare spit it out."

I whined and scrunched up my face at the disgusting taste.

Five minutes passed, which seemed like fifty. She told me to spit it out and I did, rinsing my mouth out in the process. "Chores. Now." She said in a stern voice.

"Fuck. You. I don't take orders."

"Go to your room then."

I went to my room and layed down on my bed, going to sleep.

When I woke up Dean was there. He tapped his foot. Great.

"What makes you think you can disrespect people?"

"But Dad-" "answer my question." "Nothing." "Then why? And you know better than to cuss. We've been over cussing before, haven't we? How many did you get? 20? You're getting twice as many now."

"I'm sorry, pl-"
"Hush."

"Dad-" "I don't wanna hear it. Stand up."

I stood up. "She's gonna give you half for cussing, and I'm giving you the other half."

My eyes widened. "No, no, no. Dad please! Don't make me have one from her! Pleeeassee!"

He picked me up gently, and carried me to the living room where she was at. I covered my face in his neck.

He sat me down and I covered it in his chest.

"C'mon, stop. I'm not staying in here for it." He pushed me away, then walked out.

I whined and started to follow, but Emma pulled me back.

"I don't like this any more than you do. You know why you're being punished, right?" "Yes..."

She pulled me over her lap and my eyes started watering. I want Dean.

C'mon, Sam, don't be a baby.

She started in a phew more seconds.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

Her's was softer than Deans.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

I whined and shifted. SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

"Oww! D-Dad! I want- I w-want Dean! Owwww!"

She rubbed my back. "It's over."

She lifted me up and I was already a crying mess. She wiped my face gently and nudged me a little, signaling for me to go to Dean. I walked out and went back to my room to Dean. I sniffled and looked at him. He hugged me for a phew seconds. "you still have one from me." I whined as he pulled me over his lap.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

"owww!" I squirmed and desperately tried to get loose. "Stop! Or I'll add more."

"Five more, I need you to count them out loud."

"N-no, I cant!" "Shhh, you can."

SMACK "O-one." SMACK "owwww! Two" SMACK SMACK "T-three f-f-four." SMACK "oww! Five." He lifted me up and I immediately grabbed onto him. My tears made his shirt all wet. "shhh, calm down. You're okay. It's over." Emma walked in and hugged me too.

We all layed on my bed and I fell asleep with my head on her shoulder and Dean's head on mine.

I'm sorry, I know this one sucked. What do you think? Any ideas?