Drew x May // ContestShipping

(A/N: Happy single people day)

Drew's POV~

Clearing my throat, I knocked on the huge wooden door, a dozen roses hidden behind my back.

It was Valentine's Day. Three years ago, I would've dreaded February 14th, but now I had a wonderful girlfriend who I loved to celebrate it with.

The front door opened to reveal, not May, but her father, and I reached out to shake his hand, smiling politely.

"Hello, Drew," he greeted, eyeing the roses hidden behind my back. "Oh, flowers! You shouldn't have, Drew. I'm flattered."

"They're not for you," May snapped, nudging her father out of the way before latching herself onto me. I was careful not to crush the flowers but still hold her close to me, kissing her cheek lovingly.

"Happy Valentine's Day, love," I said happily as she untangled herself from me, taking a step back.

"Same to you," she smiled, taking the roses and inhaling their scent. "Thank you for the flowers. They're beautiful."

"Like you~," I chimed, and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Come in," she offered. We both stepped inside, and May slipped into the kitchen to find a case for the roses.

"Drew!" May's mom exclaimed, rushing over and pulling me into a hug. I laughed quietly, awkwardly hugging back as she shook me back and forth. "Happy Valentine's Day, dear. Oh, the roses are just too much. I mean, you shouldn't have. But they're your trademark, aren't they? So you should have. Oh, either way, you're a dear."

"W-Why thank you-" I started, but May cut me off.

"Geez, Mom, let him breathe!" she scolded, pulling out a vase from a cabinet. Her mom let go of me, smiling fondly down at me.

"My apologies, Drew," she said, slightly embarrassed. "Be sure to have a nice time tonight."

"We will, thank you," I replied, and she went to take her seat next to her husband on the couch.

I strolled into the kitchen where May was filling a vase with water and looked back to make sure her parents' attention was on the television in front of them. I wrapped my arms around my girlfriend, kissing her neck and shoulder multiple times, staying quiet. She shivered slightly at the contact and set down the filled vase before turning around in my arms. I placed a warm kiss to her lips, sighing softly in relief.

"I can't wait to be alone with you," I whispered, smirking at the brunette and winking, causing a blush to heat up on her cheeks. She turned her back to me, carefully putting the roses in the vase.

"I'm looking forward to it," she said quietly in response, and she set the vase on the counter. "We're gone. I'll see you guys tomorrow," she announced. We said our goodbyes, and as soon as I shut the door, May's lips were attached to mine. She giggled as we separated from our much needed kiss, and we walked hand-in-hand back to my apartment.

Once we arrived, we sat in the love seat in my living room, cuddling close together. We decided to exchange presents now before we ate dinner and watched a movie.

"Let me go first," May said, reaching in her bag and pulling out a square box, handing it to me. I smiled and took the box, removing the wrapping paper carefully. I opened the box, and laughed seeing the Gelnn POP! figure inside. "He's your favorite Walking Dead character and I didn't know what to get-"

I cut her off by placing a kiss to her lips. "I love it," I said, pecking her lips once more. "Thank you, MayMay."

She rolled her eyes at the nickname and reached for the small rectangular present next to me, grabbing it and ripping off the wrapping paper. She opened the soft container and gasped softly.

"Oh, Drew," she whispered, pulling out the silver necklace with a rose and heart charm dangling from it. "It's so perfect. Geez, you really shouldn't have. Roses and this too.."

"Anything for you, beautiful," I said honestly, cupping her cheek and placing a loving kiss to her forehead. I helped her put on the necklace, clipping it behind her neck admiring how much better it looked on her than in some box. She really could make anything shine with her radiance. "Let's eat, huh?"

"What'd you make?" she asked, and I took her hand, leading her into the kitchen.

"Domino's pizza."

"Praise you."

"Everyone should."

Our night was spent snuggling on the couch and watching The Fault in Our Stars (May's choice of movie, definitely not mine), and me comforting May when she cried.

"It gets sadder every time," May complained as the credits played, wiping her eyes as I rubber her shoulder.

"Then why do you insist on us watching it all the time?" I asked. Girls were too confusing.

"Because Ansel Elgort is a sexy beast," she said like it was obvious. "Why do you think anyone watches it?"

"Well Hansel Elwart is not gonna ruin our special day." I kissed her cheek quickly, jumping up and picking her up bridal style. She giggled, wrapping her arms around my neck, letting herself be carried to my room and laid on my bed.

I watched her giddy expression drop as I straddled her and leaned down to kiss her roughly, only detaching my lips from hers to leave love bites on a trail down her neck. I felt her body shudder against mine, and I met her shining eyes, watching her bite her lip gently. I unbuttoned my shirt, throwing it to the side and smirked at my girlfriend.

"Let's end this Valentine's Day right."

(A/N: wouldn't it be cute if May and Drew had a daughter named Rose)