Ash x Serena // AmourShipping

(A/N: Self promo attack on titan oneshots book is out ayy go check it out n request stuff :3)

Serena's POV~

"Y-You're leaving?" I stuttered out as Ash delivered the heart-breaking news to me. I knew it was his plan to return to Kanto once our journey was over, but I guess I was convinced he'd want to stay.

"I'm so sorry, Serena," he said, looking at me with the same sadness filled in his eyes. "I have to go back. I have to see my mom and my friends. Brock, Gary, and Misty. They're my family!"

"I understand," I replied quietly, looking down as I shuffled my feet. He placed his hand under my chin, tilting it up so I looked at him with tear-filled eyes and stitched a sad smile on his face.

"I wish you could come with me," he whispered, lifting his thumb to brush my cheek. I didn't bother to hide the blush that took over my face.

"Kalos is my home," I answered, smiling weakly back at him.

"I know," he said, and I sighed deeply, gently nuzzling my cheek against the palm of his hand. I placed my hand over his, knowing this would all be gone soon.

"When do you leave?" I asked, not wanting to hear the answer.

"Tomorrow." He bit his lip, hesitating before looking up at my heartbroken face.

"And you tell me today?" I pulled away from him, shaking my head and fighting the tears. The person that means the most to me will be stripped away from my life for who knows how long in less than a day.

"Serena, please," he said gently, stepping towards me and suddenly enveloping me in his arms. My breath hitched, and I didn't struggle but didn't hug him back. "I'm not leaving forever."

"It'll seem like it," I weakly argued back as he pulled away from me, cupping my cheeks in his hands.

"Just know that I love you while I'm gone."

It seemed like time froze.

The world stopped turning, everyone else on the planet disappeared, and it was just the two of us and three words that I'd been waiting to hear for so long. And the thing I had anticipated even more came next.

The gap between us was quickly filled as Ash wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me to him and placing his lips on mine. My eyes fluttered shut as our mouths worked in motion with each other. He'd obviously done this before, but for me, it was my first kiss. And it couldn't be more perfect.

The time had come where I was face-to-face with Ash as we stood in front of his ferry that was to leave for Kanto in a matter of minutes. He took my hands gently and placed sweet kisses to both of them, making it even harder to say goodbye.

"I'll be back, I promise," he told me, pulling me to him and resting his forehead on mine.

I couldn't help but lean forward to capture his lips in a kiss, snaking my arms around his neck and holding him close while I still could.

"And I promise to wait," I replied, breaking the kiss and offering a shaky smile.

The warning bell for the ferry's departure rang, and an announcement for the last chance to get on the ferry blasted through the speakers. I looked at Ash sadly, and he returned the look.

"I have to go now," he said, letting go of my hands, and starting to back away. I started to say my goodbye before I remembered that I never returned the words that he told me.

"W-Wait!" I called out, and he stopped. "I never told you... Ash, I love you too." I said quietly, but loud enough for him to hear me. He smiled brightly but he didn't bother trying to hide his sad eyes.

"Goodbye, Serena," he gave me a final farewell, and I watched him board the ferry as it faded into the distance. I watched it with tears falling from my eyes, not bothering to wipe them away.

"Goodbye, Ash."