Red x Yellow // SpecialShipping

Yellow's POV~

I treaded up the mountain, lagging at every step. My shoulders were slumped and my legs threatened to collapse, but my mind forced them to keep going.

"It's worth it," I mumbled, motivating myself to go on.

I loved Red. I really, truly did. But, of all the places in the world, why did he decide to settle on the top of a mountain?

And not just any mountain, but Mt. Silver: a towering maze filled with dangers and pokemon over 7,000 feet to the top.

"Eep!" I yelped as a boulder flew past me. My head jerked to the right, revealing the victim of the attack.

Only ten yards from me was a huge, bulky Onix, ready to attack the intruder in its territory. The thing was, the intruder was me.

"Easy now, big...strong...scary Onix." I held up my hands in defense, trying to calm the wild beast down. Like that was going to work.

Another boulder hurdled toward me when I barely dodged. I hesitated calling out a pokemon; I didn't want to harm the poor creature. It was only trying to defend its home, after all.

But it crossed the line as the third boulder was thrown. I ducked quickly, but the rock took out my straw hat, revealing my long, blond ponytail.

"Oh, that is it!" I grumbled, reaching for Ratty's pokeball. But then an idea occurred to me, and I took out Kitty's pokeball instead.

"Kitty, hurry, use Sleep Powder!" I commanded, releasing my Bug type companion.

"Freee!" he chirped, flapping the green dust into Onix's eyes, enveloping it in a deep sleep.

"There," I sighed, patting Kitty as he rested on my shoulder. "Now you aren't hurt, and neither am I."

I turned to get me hat, but found it wasn't where I thought it had landed. A tap on the shoulder made me squeak in surprise, and I whipped around to see what it was. In this case, who it was.

"Red?" I asked.

He simply stuck out his hand in front of me, revealing my signature straw hat. I was about to take it before he placed on my head for me, tucking my ponytail underneath.

"Thank you," I whispered, still in shock seeing him after all these years. He was taller, more muscular, and quite handsome actually.

Pika squealed with joy at his side, jumping in my arms. I cuddled him thoroughly before ChuChu popped out of her pokeball and they began to play.

"I was just on my way to visit you, Red!" I chirped. "I haven't seen you in awhile, not since you moved up here on Mt. Silver."

He nodded. I knew that was the only response I would get unless there was the absolute need to speak. I sighed, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

He sat down on a rock nearby where we were standing in the cave, motioning for me to follow him. We sat there for a moment, watching Pika and ChuChu as they reunited after so long. Kitty floated over their heads as they jumped and tried to reach him, but his wings made it impossible.

"I've gotten stronger, ya know," I hummed. "Caught new pokemon. Ratty's doing well, and Kitty's really improving in strength, too. He tries really hard, I know."

Red stared down at my waist. I blushed slightly, seeing where his eyes were set. But my thoughts were rejected when he poked a sixth pokeball on my belt.

"My new pokemon? You want to see?" I cocked my head. He didn't answer, nod, or shake his head, but I assumed that meant 'yes'.

I detached the capsule from my belt, clicking the small button in the center. A red beam of light revealed a blue, slender serpent with an aqua pearl propped on his white chest.

"This is Radge, my Dragonair," I explained, patting the pokemon's head. "Does he take you down memory lane?" I hinted.

"When we first met." He smiled, speaking for the first time. He'd saved me from a rampaging Dratini and helped me catch Ratty.

"Right," I nodded. "Those where great times, Red! You and I traveling together was loads of fun, for sure!"

"I miss it," he replied simply, taking my left hand in his.

"We all do," I assured. "But you have your dream, now, right? And I have mine."

"It's just..." Red started, but trailed off. "...sometimes I wonder if it's really worth it."