Ash x Misty // PokeShipping

Ash's POV~

"Are we there yet?" Misty asked for the third time, and I chuckled behind her, my hands over her eyes.

"The answer's still no," I mused, and a sigh escaped from her lips.

"Ash, we've been walking for hours," she complained, bringing one of her hands up to cling onto mine.

"It's been ten minutes," I informed, raising an eyebrow at the redhead even though she couldn't see me. Pikachu snorted from my shoulder at the gym leader, and I laughed along with him.

"Same thing," she pouted, and I finally removed my hands from her eyes, watching as her mouth fell into a gape and then a fond smile. "How long ago was it?"

"Eight years ago," I answered, hopping up on a rock near the water, "you fished me out of this very lake."

"Yeah," she giggled, bending down near the water and dipping her fingers in it, swirling them around, "you and your dying Pikachu."

"Oh, please." I picked up the pouting Pikachu on my shoulders, squeezing him tightly as he squirmed in my arms. "I'd never let you die on me, buddy."

"Why'd you bring me here?" Misty asked, changing the subject. She stood up and walked over to me, Pikachu escaping from me and running to play in the water. My girlfriend wrapped her arms around me, pressing her head against my chest and looking out towards the water. I held her close to me, rubbing my hand up and down on her back.

"I wanna get married here," I said without hesitation. I felt Misty jump slightly in my arms, and she buried her head in my chest to hide her blush.

"Hm?" she replied, her voice muffled.

"Not now, obviously," I laughed nervously. "Hell, I haven't even proposed. But eventually, I wanna get married to you here and after that, take our kids here. This is a special place for the both of us."

"Sounds like a plan," Misty hummed contently, picking her head up off of my chest and placing a sweet kiss to my lips. I closed my eyes, pulling her close and smiling into the kiss. We broke apart, and Misty laughed softly. "Sounds more like a dream, really."

"My dream became a reality," I said, kissing her forehead lovingly. "Yours can too."

"It already has," she whispered, staring at me with shining aqua eyes and a sweet smile. "I just hope I don't wake up."

"I brought something," I said, taking off my backpack and unzipping it, reaching inside. Misty watched me curiously as I pulled out two empty soda bottles, pens, and two sheets of paper.

"What is all of this?" she asked, picking up one of the glass bottles and blowing in it. Pikachu's ears perked up from the sound, and he ran over, trying his best to blow in the other bottle and copy her actions.

"I thought maybe we could write down a wish on the paper, put it in a bottle, and then let it go in the water," I explained, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. "The lake's huge. It's unlikely someone would find it again."

"That's so sweet," she cooed, punching me cheeks. I swatted her hand away, handing her a pen and paper as I adjusted my cap and reached for my own. "I'm not telling you what mine is though."

"Well duh," I replied, scribbling the single word 'Misty' on my paper before rolling it up. "It won't come true if you tell me, vice versa."

"Obviously," she said, picking up a bottle and sticking her wish in it. I looked over at the little Electric Pokemon playing with the bottle and sighed softly.

"I'm gonna need that, Pikachu." I held out my hand, giving him a look. He whined, pouting at me before handing me the bottle. He gave me a sassy look before lying face down on a rock, and I rolled my eyes. I put my note in the bottle before placing it in the water in sync with Misty, watching as they floated away side by side, slowly but surely.

"Wanna know a secret?" Misty said softly, and I hummed in response, looking down at her. I was slightly taken aback as she pushed her lips on mine, but it was not unwelcome as I moved my mouth with hers slowly. We pulled apart, and I blinked down at her, waiting anxiously for her to continue. "My wish already came true."

I stared at the girl in front of me, and I couldn't help but just smile. She was so perfect, from her red hair to her beautiful blue eyes to her flawless features and her shining personality. She was all mine, and I was never letting go.

"So did mine," I whispered, our lips meeting once again, and our bottles filled with granted wishes floating into the abyss behind us.