Ash x Misty // PokeShipping

Misty's POV~

I winced as Lily handed out another badge, overwhelming defeated by a newbie trainer. She just shrugged it off, heading towards the pool, and elegantly diving in. Daisy and Violet laughed as the were splashed by the water due to the impact. Me? I sat on the bleachers, watching them have the time of their lives, just like any other day.

"Lily, Daisy, Violet," I spoke somewhat softly, staring down at them all. Nevertheless, they continued to practice routines gleefully. "Guys!" I shouted, catching their attention.

"Uh, we're like trying to practice here, Misty," Lily snapped, not even bothering to look at me.

"Your swimming skills are already perfected," I pointed out, annoyed. "You should be focusing on training your pokemon! Seel and Goldeen aren't gonna cut it!"

"Relax, Mist," Violet assured, rolling her eyes. "Our gym battling is fine, but we've got a big show coming up this week."

"Your gym battling isn't fine!" I retorted, standing up from my seat on the bleachers. "You've lost six battles in a row. How do you explain that?"

Daisy shrugged, patting Seel as he swam around in the water. They all acted like this wasn't a big deal, but I was furious. The Pokemon League would shut down the gym if my sisters kept this up. I climbed down from the bleachers angrily, crossing my arms as I reached the bottom.

"Something wrong?" Lily asked, raising an eyebrow. My cold stare hardened on her, eyes glowing with anger.

"As a matter of fact, there is," I huffed. "You three need to take your gym battling more seriously. You've been slacking off, and I can't put up with it any longer!"

"Please, Misty," Violet rolled her eyes. "It's not like your a Water pokemon like master."

I growled, marching to the exit of the building, bag and fishing pole in hand. Daisy got out of the pool to come after me, Violet and Lily following.

"Misty," Daisy called after me, but I didn't turn around. "Mist, like, where do you think you're going?" I whipped around angrily to face her, my eyebrows slanted sharply and face in a twisted grimace.

"I'm leaving!" I declared. "And when I come back, I'll the greatest Water pokemon master of all time! I'll show you!"

I stomped out of the gym, ignoring my sisters' calls after me. I leaped onto my bike, taking off to whatever town I could think of. Pedaling as fast as I could towards Pallet, I already regretted leaving my home. Stopping halfway to my destination, I dove into the forest, trying my best at all costs to avoid any Bug pokemon.

Soon, a calm, clean lake greeted me. I sighed sadly, parking my bike in the corner of the clearing. I pulled out my fishing rod and signature lure, attaching one to the other. Casting the line out into the water, I sat patiently on a rock, waiting for a bite.

Several hours later, I hadn't even gotten a nibble. I had convinced myself there were absolutely no pokemon in this lake and was about to head back to the gym, when a huge tug almost knocked me over.

"This must be a big one," I said aloud, reeling in what felt to be a big fish for such a small lake.

To my surprise, a short boy with raven-colored hair climbed onto the surface, coughing wildly. A fainted Pikachu rested in his arms, barely breathing. I let out a small gasp, rushing to his side.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. The boy smiled slightly up at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he answered. My eye twitched in annoyance, and I pushed him out of the way.

"Not you!" I corrected, cradling the Pikachu in my arms. "I meant the poor Pikachu. You need to get to a Pokemon Center straight away!"

"Right," he agreed, taking his partner from my arms. "Where's the nearest Pokemon Center, do you know?"

I nodded, pointing towards Cerulean. "Over there," I confirmed, nodding in that direction. Turning back to look at him, I let out a small scream as he was pedaling away on my bike.

"I've got to borrow this!" he called. "Thanks!"

"Hey!" I yelled, chasing after him. I ran along the path he had made for me, naturally falling behind the speed of the bike.

Once at the Pokemon Center, I was ready to pound the boy who stole my prized bike. I'd changed my mind though. seeing his poor state as he sat in the waiting room.

His eyes were cloudy, and tears fell from the continuously. His hair was tangled, jacket torn, and shoes muddy. He stared down at the ground, eyes full of regret of endangering his pokemon.

I walked in silently, taking a seat next to the boy. He didn't bother to look up, but he found it polite to introduce himself.

"I'm Ash," he muttered quietly, putting his chin on his fist.

"Misty," I answered, followed by a long silence.

After a few minutes of holding it all in, Ash's bottom lip quivered and his hands shook back and forth rapidly. He let out a cry, falling into my arms and soaking my shirt with tears.

I patted his back, tearing up a bit, myself, as well. I couldn't imagine what I would feel if I'd fatally injured my pokemon. Anger at myself, sorrow for my pokemon, and guilt for the situation.

Ash continued to sob, grasping onto me for support. He shook violently with each cry, rocking back and forth. His hand twitched back and forth in a quick rhythm. I reached out to touch his hand, and it froze in place. His entire body seemed to relax as he sunk down deeper into mine.

How had I only met this boy? Surely no one could connect so much with a stranger. I felt all his pain he had experienced, and immediately forgot about my own situation. I rested by head on top of his softly, closing my eyes. Eventually, Ash drifted off to sleep, as did I. Right then, I knew I was not going back home any time soon.