Chapter 4 : Love and Regret

Scanning the mission board, Naruto was getting annoyed because he couldn't find one. Sighing in annoyance, he closed his eyes and snatched a random one off the board and teleported downstairs. Walking towards his grandfather, he handed him the mission statement and waited for his response.

Scanning over the paper, Makarov nodded approving of the mission.

It was a simple mission, cleaning a house. What could go wrong?

Handing the paper back to his grandson, he shooed him off with a smile.

Thanking his grandfather, Naruto turned towards the guild and spotted the people he was looking for.

"Oi! Natsu, Erza!", he called out. Seeing the two look in his direction, he motioned them over to him.

Deciding to meet them halfway, he gave them both a friendly smile which they both returned.

"We're going on a mission. To clean an old lady's house.", he informed getting nods from both people.

As the trio began walking out the door of the guild, they heard the sound of running coming towards them. Turning around, they saw a blur of white hair before it crashed into Naruto.

Looking down, he saw the puppy dog eyes of his little sister figure staring up at him.

"Can I go to Naruto-nii? Pleaseeeeee", the little girl begged.

Looking up to see the little girls big sister give a reluctant nod, he looked down with a smile.

"Sure, I don't see the problem.", he told the little girl earning a squeal of happiness. 

Untangling herself from her older brother figure, she turned around saying goodbye to her older sister and brother giving them both a hug.

Running back to the group, she hoped on her surrogate brothers back for a piggy back ride as he carried her to the clients house.

Upon seeing the house, Naruto walked up and knocked on the door. A few moments of silence was the only response. Bringing his hand up to knock again, the door swung open to reveal an old woman smiling at them.

"Ahh, you must be the group from Fairy Tail. Thank you so much for helping out an old woman in her times of need.", she said holding onto her cane gesturing them in with her free hand.

Looking around, Naruto felt odd being in the house. Something was bugging him.. Something familiar, but he couldn't exactly figure it out so he put it into the back of his mind and made 2 shadow clones to clean the up stairs while they cleaned the downstairs.

Working non stop for an hour didn't bother him.. It was the eerie feeling in his gut screaming at him to leave the house immediately.

Feeling something poke his side, he turned around to see the old woman with a glass of water in her hand. Giving a quick thanks, he took the glass and  gulped it all down missing the smile on the woman's face.

"Were Done!", came the shout of three people.

Smiling to himself, Naruto finished what he was doing and walked to the group standing at the door. Waving to them, he gestured them out before closing the door.

"Split it.", Naruto said throwing a sack of jewels towards erza who nodded dumbly.

Hearing the door opening, he turned around to see the old woman smiling towards him.

"Thank you Naruto  for coming to clean the house.", she said with a weird smile plastered on her face.

Tensing immediately, Naruto jumped back and threw his arms in front of the group protecting them