chapter two ;

I blankly wandered around. The hallways all look the same. I wonder how anyone gets anywhere. I don't think I'm anywhere near the classroom I'm supposed to be in.

I glanced around, inwardly sighing at my useless navigating skills. I passed by a black haired male with a pair of glasses resting on his nose. I slowed down, contemplating whether or not to ask him for guidance. I accessed my situation. Hopelessly lost.

"Uhh, excuse sir," I turned back and called for the guy. I ran up to him. He stopped and looked at me.

"Yes, what is it?" He said with a smile. It looked forced but I brushed it off.

"Um, could you tell me where class 1-A is? I'm.. A bit lost.. Hehe," I looked down at my feet and chuckled nervously. I wish there was a guidebook on how to have a social life.

"Of course, follow me," he started to walk, and I rushed up to walk beside him.

"So, uh, what's your name anyways?" I asked. "I'm Hayashi Eiji."

"Excuse me for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Ootori Kyoya," he merely glanced at me and continued walking. I noticed he had a black notebook in his hand. It didn't look like a regular class notebook. Well, it isn't my business. He stopped at a classroom. I looked up to see it was indeed class 1-A.

I thanked Kyoya and entered the classroom. I was several minutes early but the teacher was already there. I greeted her.

"Um, should I wait for everyone else to come in before I sit?" I questioned, awkwardly shifting my weight to my other leg. The teacher only nodded, not bothering to speak to me. I leaned against the wall, playing with the handle of my schoolbag.

The noise is in the hallway started to get louder, so I concluded that the bell was going to ring soon. I waited with a small sense of relief. I won't be standing here much longer.

Students started to trickle in, whispering and pointing at me. I sighed, irritated. For such high class people, you'd think that they'd have better manners. The bell rang and everyone took their seats. Oh, a pair of twins walked in. Never seen twins in person before. Are they going to be those cliché twins who think alike and stuff?

"Hello class, we have a new transfer student. Please introduce yourself," the teacher said boredly.

"Hey, I'm Hayashi Eiji. I'm a rather bland guy so don't bother talking to me," I said briskly and I could see a couple girls blushing. These girls here at Ouran sure are shallow. They fall for guys with good looks and don't look for their personality.

"You may sit in any empty seat, Hayashi-san," the teacher waved me off and I walked toward the empty seat in the back. I sat diagonally behind a guy with short brown hair. His eyes were awfully big for a male. I plopped down in my chair and took out my textbook. It was kind of boring, so I decided to write. It was literary class right now, so in my world, I'm still doing work.

She ran into the looming forest, roots tripping her, branches scratching her face. The fierce wind growled at her, hair flying around. She felt as if the whole world was after her. She knew that they were going to get her. They were going to

"Excuse me, Hayashi-san! Can you please answer the question?"

I jumped and dropped my pencil, and glared slightly at the teacher.

"I apologize, I couldn't hear the question thanks to the whispering around me," I said nonchalantly. "Could you repeat the question please?" I smiled but my twitching eye hinted at my true feelings.

"I asked, how does Ponyboy in The Outsiders differ from the rest of the gang?"

Ah, so she was talking about S.E. Hinton. The Outsiders was really great in my book. It was beautifully written.