chapter eight ;

"Tell me, why am I coming with you guys again?" I was currently sitting with the twins, with Kaoru in the middle. We were heading to their house, or maybe I should call it a mansion. We were in their limousine, which had really comfy leather seats.

"You don't wanna hang out with us?" Kaoru pouted teasingly. I stuck my tongue out and laughed.

"But, why do you want me to come over all of a sudden? I didn't even get to tell my chauffeur in advance.." I remembered. Crap. I pulled out my phone to send him a message and inform him that I was going to the twins' house. It was low on battery, but it had just enough to send him a short text.

The whole ride to their house was really pleasant, and I mainly talked with Kaoru. He was really comforting to talk to, especially with my episode last time. He was surprisingly dorky. Kaoru usually acts more mischievous with Hikaru. Speaking of Hikaru, he's been rather quiet.

"Hey, Hikaru, aren't you going to say anything?" Kaoru nudged his older brother, who had a cross expression. Was he upset? Kaoru and I haven't done anything to make him grumpy, at least I think we hadn't.

"Well, you guys are obviously enjoying your own conversation," Hikaru stated wryly. "Why should I butt in when you're having a good time?"

"Eh? Why can't we all just have a conversation? You just didn't say anything, Hikaru," I said, my eyebrows furrowing. He only glared at me, and I frowned. I hadn't even done anything yet he's acting like a girl whose new Jimmy Choo's have been stepped on.

The rest of the ride was tense and silent. Luckily, the rest of the ride only lasted several minutes, so I was only basking in a suffocating atmosphere for three or four minutes, though it felt dragged out.

We finally arrived, and Kaoru broke the ice.

"Well, why don't we play some video games?" Kaoru laughed, but it was stiff and forced. I nodded and followed them to their room and sat on their bed, waiting for them to bring out their PC or console or whatever.

"So, um, what are we going to play?" I asked. I watched as Hikaru turned on his computer at their desk. I guess we were going to play a computer game.

"Well, we decided to teach how to play the more mainstream games and the easier ones, so how about Yandere Simulator?" Kaoru grinned and I tilted my head. Yandere? Those violent people?

"How do you play Yandere Simulator?" I went over to them, leaning over their shoulders. I felt Hikaru freeze and shuft uncomfortable. I guess he didn't like this game much. There was a girl, and Hikaru was controlling her.

"Well, she loves her senpai but people also love her senpai. The girls are obstacles, so basically, you have to eliminate them. Right, Hikaru?" Kaoru explained. His brother grunted in response.

"Um, so by eliminate, you mean kill?" I asked slowly as I watched Hikaru electrocute a girl with strange swirly purple hair in the bathroom.

"Yeah, but it's not complete, yet," Kaoru said and I pulled up a chair to sit next to Hikaru and watched him play. He was awfully silent, and it was.. weird.
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
"I should probably get going now." I stood up and stretched. Kaoru and Hikaru looked at me, but HIkaru returned his gaze to the screen. Kaoru stood up and walked me to the entrance.

"Do you want a ride? Our chauffeur won't mind," he offered but I turned it down. I don't really want to bother them.

"No thanks. My house isn't too far so I can just walk."

"Oh, and sorry about Hikaru. He gets a little emotional sometimes and I guess he felt left out," Kaoru chuckled and patted my back. I smiled and Kaoru opened the door for me. I stepped out and waved goodbye.

I was walking along until I felt a small drop of rain. I inwardly sighed and walked a little faster, praying that it wouldn't rain too hard. I pulled out my phone to check the time, but the screen didn't light up. It was dead. Just my luck.

It started to lightly drizzle, so I took shelter under a tree. I don't think it's a thunderstorm so I should be fine. My fingers brushed through my hair, which was slightly damp from the unexpected rain. I crouched down by the trunk of the tree and waited for the rain to stop, but it didn't look like it would any time soon.

I heard footsteps coming my way, and I saw one of the twins running towards me with an umbrella. I squinted; I couldn't make out whether it was Hikaru or Kaoru.

"Eiji," he breathed out, panting slightly. It was Hikaru. Was he feeling better?

"Hey Hikaru. What're you doing here?" I asked and he handed me the umbrella. "If you give me the umbrella, won't you get wet when you go home?"

"It's ok, since my place isn't as far as yours." The slightly taller male looked down. "And, I'm sorry for being such a bum earlier."

"It's fine. It doesn't matter, anyway," I clutched the umbrella in my hands. I stood up, about to leave. A hand gripped my wrist and tugged me back.

"No, wait. I'm sorry." My eyes widened at the abrupt apology. "I was being stupid. I was just.. upset. When you were talking with Kaoru, I just felt really unneeded, I guess. It kinda burned when I saw you guys laughing together. You hate me, don't you?"

I looked at Hikaru's tearful face and shook my head. "Why would I hate you over something so small? I understand that you felt upset, and it's okay. Of course you're not unneeded." I patted his back, and he pulled me into a warm embrace.

"I'm so glad." His words were muffled against my shoulder His face was buried in the crook of my neck.

"I'm glad, too. So, we're friends?" I questioned, earning a quiet 'yeah' from the other male. I smiled, a warm, fuzzy feeling in my chest.