chapter five ;

I stared at Haruhi's movements; she was learning how to dance and Kanako offered to teach her. I actually liked watching them practice. It was better than doing it myself anyway.

"Quick, quick, slow. Quick, quick, slow," Kanako announced the movements as they danced. I noticed that Haruhi kept her chin down as she looked at her feet, keeping track of her movements. "Good work, Haruhi. Now on the "slow", you should bring your feet together. Remember. The gentleman always leads. And make sure to look at the lady you're dancing with."

"Got it," Haruhi nodded, but ended up tripping over their feet, falling onto Kanako. I started to walk over to assist them, but Haruhi had already stood up and looked fine.

"I'm so sorry, Miss Kasugazaki," Haruhi bowed and apologized. I walked away as the reconciled and continued to practice. I noticed a certain blonde haired male cooped up in a corner, sulking. As strange as it was, I could see huge words saying 'emo corner'. Tamaki's depression practically oozed out. It was pretty pathetic.

"Why so gloomy, boss?" I heard Hikaru and Kaoru ask. They had mirrored smirks on their faces. I observed them, trying to differentiate them.

"I bet it's because he wanted to be the one Haruhi practices with," Hikaru suggested and I pondered upon that idea. I supposed it was true. I've noticed the large display of affection and attention that he's been giving her.

"I think you may be right," Kaoru nodded as he stroked his chin. "But he's way too tall to stand in as a woman."

I sighed as Kyoya urged (more like threatened) me to dance. Kaoru offered to be me practice partner since he knew the female part of the dance. I accepted and here we are, dancing away. My right hand was placed on Kaoru's waist, his left on my shoulders. My free hand clasped his hand. I noted that they were really warm and slightly sweaty. It was pretty comfortable, and even though I hadn't danced in a while, I wasn't too shabby.

I take that back. I accidentally stepped on Kaoru's foot.

"Ah, I'm sorry," I laughed nervously. "Does it hurt?" Kaoru shook his head and smiled.

"Nah, it's fine," He waved his hand and we continued. I noticed that his voice was higher in pitch. I thought he would act more brash reaction. I always thought the twins had a mischievous, teasing vibe, people who wanted to cause a little commotion.

"Why're you staring at me so intensely?" Kaoru's voice shook me out of my train of thought. "Is my face that exciting?" I could feel my whole face heat up. Forget Fifty Shades of Gray. Make that Fifty Shades of Embarrassment. Or red. Whichever you prefer.

"Sorry if I was being creepy," I stuttered. I looked away. "I was trying to find way to differentiate you and Hikaru. I mean, you guys look pretty similar."

"Is that so?" Kaoru laughed. "I thought there might've been something on my face."

"There is something on your face," I said, thinking of a joke I found on the Internet. I pinched his cheek lightly. "It was pain!"

Kaoru choked out a chuckle. "Pfft, that was so lame." For a while, we shared jokes and laughs, before I felt something weird. I looked behind me, Kaoru soon following suit. I noticed Hikaru looking at us with a frown. His eyebrows were furrowed and he averted his gaze.

"He's mad that I took you away for too long, right?" I turned back to the younger twin, who shook his head in response.

"I don't think that's the case, but I think I should go back to him," Kaoru grinned and patted my shoulder.

I found Mori standing in front of me, his hand held out. He asked if I wanted to dance in a low voice.

"Should I dance the female part? Since you're too tall.." I chuckled and put my hand on his shoulder. To be honest, I felt grateful that I was taught the female part; I would've felt guilty if I rejected Mori's offer. I felt secure with him, like everything would be okay. I felt myself genuinely smiling. He had this loyal, trustworthy air around him. Maybe I could trust him.