chapter ten ;

Tamaki was surprisingly eager for the changes in character. I'm not sure why, but Renge's claim has led us to acting in a movie.

Here I was, running away from a team of raging fangirls. I was acting out a scene, my scene to be exact. I looked around, trying to escape to my destination. I needed to get back home, according to the script, but I had to stop by the gym.

"Where should I go?" I pondered aloud. I rushed to the large building nearby, and the set was changed to a basketball court, with Kaoru standing in the middle. He was playing his part, dribbling a basketball, not looking at me. I closed the gym door slightly, relieved that the girls had lost me.

"Hello, who are you?" Kaoru turned to me, his voice cold.

"I-I apologize for intruding. May I stay here for a minute or two? I must not be seen right now," I explained myself as I slid down to the floor.

"I guess it's alright, but don't bug me," Kaoru replied, his back already facing me as he threw the ball at the three-point line.

It was silent in the gym, and I didn't dare say anything to disrupt the atmosphere. There was only the sounds of the ball hitting the floor, and the swoosh of the net.

"Hey, aren't you that writer, Hayashi Eiji?" The basketball player said, still not facing me.

"Y-Yes." I put on an apprehensive expression. This Eiji was fearful that Kaoru would discriminate him or treat him as some sort of God. He just wanted to share his writing and be normal. But, Kaoru didn't say anything, which relieved and concerned "me" at the same time.

"I'm quite a fan of yours, but I'm not going to stalk you like your fan club does," Kaoru stated after the pregnant silence. "It must be really.. Nerve-wracking, if that's the right term, for you to go out and have to expect someone chasing you because of fame."

"It's fine really, I don't—" I was cut off by Kaoru. He stopped all movement and turned around to face me fully.

"Shut up! You don't need to go all 'Oh I'm fine, teehee." Anyone with common sense would know how awful it is to have people watch you 24/7!" I was shocked by Kaoru's outburst. What supposedly didn't notice was Hikaru standing in the doorway.

"Kaoru." I looked to my side to see Hikaru, his head down and a shadow over his eyes. "Why are you talking to him? He doesn't understand us. He's just a guy who famous just because of a book or two."

"Hikaru.." Kaoru's voice noticeable softened, tender and soft. He started to walk over to his twin, but stopped. He dropped the ball, whispering, "you're right, Hikaru. What was I thinking? You should leave, Eiji."

"..Right. Sorry for the intrusion.." I got up and made my way to the door, avoiding the states of the two brothers, locked away in their own world.
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
It was my turn again, and now I was watching their basketball game for some reason. I watched as Kaoru slammed into another player, and his knee was hit. He fell to ground, clutching his knee. Hikaru scored two points, grinning. His smile faded when he discovered his injured sibling.

"Get a strecher! Take him to the infirmary, immediately!" a man shouted as he kneeled beside Kaoru.

"Kaoru, Kaoru, Kaoru," Hikaru chanted his name, shaking his shoulder. Kaoru was placed on a stretcher

"You've got to get back in the game, Hikaru. We need you." The man placed a hand on Hikaru's shoulder, but it was immediately smacked away.

"Shut up!" The uninjured basketball player said before turning back to his brother. He was in tears, holding Kaoru's hand.