chapter seven ;

I felt a finger against my forehead. It repeatedly jabbed my head as I groaned and put my cheek against the cold desk.

"Oi, wake up," I heard a certain ginger say. "The bell rang already. Kaoru and Haruhi already left." I swatted his finger away and opened my eyes. I rubbed them, blinking before looking up at Hikaru, who was tapping his foot impatiently.

"I'm tired~! Let me sleep." My head was back on the desk, my eyes half-lidded.

"Ugh, do I need to drag you there? Why're you so tired anyway?" Hikaru sighed, and he walked away. The sounds of his footsteps became fainter and fainter, until I thought he finally left me in peace. I shut my eyes, drifting off into a short slumber.

"AHH!" I screeched, feeling cold liquid going down my back. I could hear not-so-stifled chortles coming out of Hikaru's mouth.

"You can change after we get to the club room. We're half an hour late," Hikaru dragged me to the music room, and I plopped myself at my station, not caring if I made the furniture damp.

"Eiji-kun! What happened?" Two of my guests chirped as the others crowded me.

"Heh heh, well, I got a bit side-tracked and I guess this was my karma," I sheepishly scratched my cheek. The girls cooed and dabbed at my wet uniform with handkerchiefs. Surprisingly, I was drier than before, so that was a good thing. I entertained my guests. Before long, time was finally up, and I waved goodbye to my clients.

I saw Tamaki whining (again) about something. Probably something about Haruhi.

"Tamaki, you just now realize that?" Kyoya chuckled as he typed on his laptop. "According to my research, in a single day, the twins and Eiji spend roughly nine hours of class time with Haruhi. Meanwhile, your contact with her is limited to a couple of hours of club activities. In other words, your involvement in Haruhi's life each day amounts to no more than a mere 3%. I'm so very sorry."

"I don't wanna hear it! I don't wanna hear it!"Tamaki covered his ears, turning away from his black haired companion. He grabbed Haruhi's shoulders, shaking her back and forth. "Listen, Haruhi. I want you to stop hanging out with shady twins from now on. And Eiji's emo-ness might be contagious!"

"Who're you calling shady?" Hikaru retorted, with Kaoru following behind.

"Take a look at yourself, boss," Kaoru and Hikaru taunted.

"We all know Tamaki's stupidity is way more contagious and fatal," I scoffed and looked at Haruhi, my face serious. "Haruhi, this guy is dangerous. He might perform a fatality, or maybe a triple dumb combo attack. Finish him!"

"Roasted." The twins' voices chorused in the background. Comical arrows struck Tamaki, causing him to fall to his knees. He suddenly revived himself. Damn, he must've had an extra life. I should really stop playing these video games..

"We can't go on hiding the fact that you're a girl from everyone in the school any longer," Tamaki dramatically pointed a finger at the brunette. "All daddy wants is for you to go back to being the girl you used to be, for you to surround yourself with girlfriends and start leading a wholesome life."

Haruhi looked slightly irked, muttering to herself. "Who's daddy..?"

"So do it." Tamaki demanded.

"Just do it!" I echoed.

"Change back. Change right now."

"You do't need to rush things," Hikaru butted in, pointing out a fair claim. "She's going to be found out soon enough."

"What?" I said. I thought about it, and I realized that there was supposed to be a physical exam in two days. "Oh right, there's a physical exam on the day after tomorrow, isn't there?" Kaoru nodded, standing next to me.