chapter three ;

I wonder if they planned this out. That was a totally perfect cliffhanger. Maybe I should include that in one of my novels.. I sighed as they proceeded to ignore me and pestered Haruhi with questions.

"What the heck? Why are you here? There's still class!" Haruhi sighed in exasperation as the twins grinned mischievously.

"We have our ways~" They drawled with their arms linked.

"Anyway," Haruhi turned back to me with a smile. "Biologically, I'm a girl. But, it's the inside that matters, right?" My heart clenched as she gave me a girl-ish smile. I forced a smile and nodded. I can't bare to think about that kind of pure smile. It brings me back the memories that I wish never existed.

"Eh?" one of the twins said as he looked at me.

"You're the new guy!" the other said. I rolled my eyes. If I wasn't new, I wouldn't have had to individually introduced myself. But I decided to spare myself from making any enemies.

"Yeah, I'm Hayashi," I smiled but I'm pretty sure Haruhi knew what was really happening.

"You two should really go back to class. Hayashi must not be feeling to great, right Hayashi?" Haruhi gave me a warm smile, and I can't forget the small ache in my heart. I could feel the cold glares that the twins were giving me. Were they jealous? They probably like her. I'm surprised she hasn't noticed. I guess she's the oblivious kind of girl. I'll have to keep that in mind. I'm sure it's plenty irritating for the Hitachiins.
°•°•°•°•°•°
I had taken a light nap and even though my eyes wouldn't shut anymore, I didn't want to get out of this bed. The infirmary had really high quality stuff. Even these beds could rival my own. It was so soft and warm that I debated whether to just skip class altogether. I decided against it though. I'm sure they'd suspect something if I was gone for such a long time.

I dragged myself out of bed and yawned. I trudged back to my classroom, but not without taking a few wrong turns. And by a few, I mean a million times. I got there later than I thought I would and when I discreetly opened the door, all eyes were on me.

"Ah, Hayashi-kun, you're back. You're alright now, I presume?" Another teacher was here, and I guess it was math class now, judging by the amount of the numbers on the board.

"Yeah, a little sleep did me good," I chuckled, and it came out deeper than I expected. I slowly walked to my seat and I noticed that several, actually, many girls were flushed and whispering. Was it because of me? I shrugged to myself and plopped myself into my seat.
°•°•°•°•°•°
We had a study hall in our schedule, so I just stayed in my seat. I turned to the brunette and tapped her shoulder.

"I was wondering, why are you dressed up as.. You know?" I didn't say it out loud. I respected Haruhi's wish to keep her secret a secret.

"I got a debt with the host club," she had a calm expression and my face contorted into a look of disgust.

"What? A host club? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a host club technically like a club of prostitutes..?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "I didn't think you'd be into that kind of stuff."

Haruhi chuckled and playfully hit my arm. "I accidentally broke a vase that costs way too much and now I'm determined to pay my debt!" She jokingly held up her fist in a superhero pose.

"Do you want to come with the host club with me tomorrow?"

I thought about her proposal and decided it was interesting enough to be worthy of my time. Maybe this school is different. Maybe it'll be okay here.
°•°•°•°•°•°
I drew my version of Hayashi so yeah. That's it for visuals on his appearance. This is most likely the last picture and A/N I'll post on this story. Heart and comment?