Scared, Potter? - Chapter 1

'Blimey Harry!'

Hermione gasped for breath as she finally found some support by leaning against a wall, and after she hit Harry several times on his shoulder with her just-barrowed library book, she clenched her teeth to purse her lips highly unsatisfied after. 'Why on earth did you do that?'

'What?' Harry gasped while cleaning his glasses. 'Why did I do what?'

Hermione nearly rolled her eyes, and pulled him along at his robe, apparently not accepting the nonsense.

'You know what I'm talking about, Harry. Stop doing such idiotic things! You know Malfoy is not going to accept this. If he finds out what you did, you are going to be in trouble.' She hit his shoulder a second time, and then glanced around in the hope not to find Malfoy or one his bulky "slaves".

'You're acting daft lately.' She shook her head now. 'What's wrong with you really?'

Harry pursed his lips now, glancing over Hermione's shoulder to search for the sight of someone too, but didn't seem to put any effort in listening.

'Harry?' Hermione continued then - more accurate. 'Are you even listening?'

'Huh?'

Hermione sighed, squeezing the bridge of her nose shortly by frustration, and wetted her lips then.

'Look. If you've suddenly decided to act like a badboy, that's fine with me...' She frowned now, shaking her head quickly. 'Well, it's not fine. But... who am I to-' She never finished her sentence and just inhaled deeply. 'Just stay out of trouble. Okay?'

Harry shrugged but nodded eventually, though it didn't look very convincing.

'Because you're possibly the chosen one, it doesn't mean you're invincible or anything.'

'But I am the chosen one,' Harry smirked in reply - what resulted another hit from Hermione with the book, but this time against his head. 'Okay, sorry.'

Hermione sighed another time, and lowered her book now - gently brushing her fingers along the cover of it because she apparently seemed to care for it, especially after the hits.

'I'm going to the common room.' She pointed out to her book now and slowly headed away already - though with her body face still facing Harry's. 'I would like to read some of this before the papers will tear out of its binding.'

'Well perhaps you should stop hitting me for once. It would safe you lots of books and energy.'

Hermione lifted her brows indignantly, and it appeared that Harry was asking for another hit, again.

'Will I see you later?' she continued eventually - after cleaning her face from her irritated, indignant expression. Harry nodded, smiling generously, and then lifted his hand.

'Yeah. Don't worry about me. I'll catch you up in minutes, I think. It won't take long.'

Hermione actually wanted to ask what Harry was up to, especially since h announced his doings with "it", but a soon as she threw another glance at her book, she decided just not to. So with a brief nod and a forced smile she turned, heading towards the common room after to leave Harry on his own.

Less than a minute after Hermione's leaving, a loud growl echoed through the corridor.

'POTTER!'

Harry flinched, but couldn't keep himself from feeling highly excited at the familiar angry voice. Speedily he took a jump into one of the closest classrooms, what caused that he didn't have any time to think of the luck he had - being some off them still open - and after nuzzling himself between two bookshelves, he took a breath to listen to the sounds around after. It took quite a moment before someone finally pushed the door open - what Harry had been aiming for - and he found it rather confusing how he seemed to hope for that particular person. It appeared to be Malfoy.