Chapter 49 - Nightfall

One more before I go to sleep. I'm sorry for all the headfucks. It makes sense in my head... 

----------------------------------------------------------------

The day bled further into nightfall. Harry laid down on the grass for hours. Crying, until the wind turned from warm to cold and the stars decided to come out and play. His eyes hurt. His glasses no longer had a purpose and his clothes had become damp by the evening dew. He had to go back. Once he managed to drag his body back to the castle he considered walking past the Slytherin dorms. Harry couldn't comprehend the loss of his love. He closed his eyes as he walked, his fingertips drawing along the walls while he fought his tears. Every time he closed his eyes more memories seemed to come back. How it all started, how they fought, how they met. Yet once he opened his eyes he wasn't there. Though he'd planned to head back to his dorms, he stumbled upon the room of requirements like he always did. Even though he didn't look up once the door appeared, it opened by himself - letting Harry in as he staggered forward.

"I just wish we could talk it out," Harry whispered as he dropped down on one of the beds they pushed together ages ago. He pulled over the sheets, covering his shoulders as he inhaled the smells - dreaming of picking up the scent of his blonde.

"We can't," a voice responded from behind. Harry quickly moved, opening his mouth to let out a gasp, a cry.

"Shh," Draco comfortably hushed as he sat down on the same bed. He drew his fingers down the sides of Harry's face, pressing his forehead against his as he held him close. "We can't," he continued with an comforting voice.

"Why are you here?" Harry stammered, his runny nose blocking his vocals. "Why are you doing this?"

"It's not just me, Harry," Draco replied, wiping Harry's tears away. "I love you,"

Harry smiled as he led out a cry, nodding his head as he held the blonde's face. "I love you too, so, so much. I just don't know what to do anymore. You are driving me crazy." He looked up, his eyes red and irritated - as if he hadn't slept in days. "I can't go on without you."

"You don't have to," Draco comforted him as he held his face. "You don't have to. You don't have to do anything. Right now I just want you to lay down and sleep. Alright?"

Harry grabbed his sleeves, taking a hold of the blonde - not allowing him to leave. "Don't go, please."

"I wont," Draco secured him. "I just want you to go and sleep so we can talk about it tomorrow."

"How do I know you're not lying?" Harry mumbled as he took some distance. He could no longer trust the boy who played with his feelings.

"You don't," Draco continued. "I just want you to know that no matter what I say or what I do. I love you, and I always will. It's just a lot more complicated than we wish to believe."

"I don't understand," Harry muttered as his eyes went heavy.

"It's all in your head," Draco replied softly - guiding Harry onto his back. Harry could no longer respond. He was asleep...