Chapter 39 - Unspoken tales

Sorry guys! It took ages again and it's probably shit. This year has been such a drama. Better times are coming for me! There you go loves <3

---

Her tender body lingered in his arms, shocking and shaking as her tears shed. Harry couldn't move. The way she pronounced his name struck him as lightning. He was eager to ask her; when, where, how? But his lips were sealed – for no sound managed to come from his throat, afraid to make it all real. Almost pretending as if he didn't hear it, he drew his fingers through her hair. "I do love you," he whispered; forcing himself in some sort of trance, as if he whished to believe his own lies. "Trust me, I do."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Ginny cried, her fingers digging into his shoulders. "We seemed so real."

Their seconds were valuable. Even though Lovegood asked Longbottom to keep his nose out of other peoples business, he couldn't keep his nose from doing so anyways now he was empowered by love.

"We are, Ginny, but-"

"Ginny," Neville gasped once he made his way. Ginny fled from Harry's escape, dropping her body into Neville's arms now. Longbottom took her in, throwing Harry a pensive look before he spoke. "I think it might be better for you to leave, Harry."

Neville seemed to have changed his attitude. He acted more mature than ever – and even though Harry felt like a proud lill' daddy seeing his moron all grown-up by lovesick, he felt slightly offended. No matter, he made a turn and left – wiping the sweat off his brow. "I'd like to hold you right now," Harry muttered nervously to himself, wishing his blonde would show up like he used to do. Randomly and unexpected. Rushing through the corridors Harry made his way to the court-yard. A few were outside, walking around – trying to get some fresh air after all the smoke and alcohol they'd consumed the night before. The cold came sweet, like the kiss of Oblivion – making Harry forget his head had been pounding for the last few hours. No matter, it did freshen up his memory in a different way; he forgot to go to Professor Snape's office. He cursed once he looked up the time. Though he could be saved, going to the Professor's office right now, he couldn't gather the effort to actually go there. Ginny scared him off, and made his head quite a mess – afraid she'd tell the others. Sitting down at one of the benches outside, he rubbed his eyes trying to remember the lot of last night. His stomach tickled, funnily enough in an extraordinary pleasant way.

"Hi Harry," a flirting, female voice spoke from behind. Harry looked over his shoulder, watching Romilda Vane passing by – holding the Spella Weekly magazine close to her chest. Harry forced a smile as he awkwardly lifted his hand for a wave. No matted his fierce responds to whatever her silly questions were, she couldn't stop being obsessive about him, as it seemed. Drawing her fingers through her darkened curls, she chuckled as she planned on circling around. Thank Merlin's beard for the distraction coming from her left side – Draco's fellow mates Crabbe and Goyle, looking grumpy as always. "Fatso," Harry smiled as he got up, jumping in front of Crabbe's feet. Looking at Goyle he frowned his brows, disturbed by his sloppy appearance. "Bigfoot... Any of you seen Malfoy?"

"You piece of shit!" Goyle staggered, lifting his fists ready to throw a punch. Crabbe clamped on to his arms, pulling him down before he managed to strike. Harry stumbled backwards, confused by their pointless reactions – knowing they were never bright enough to see the names as an insult.

"Get him out of my face!" Goyle barked as he forced his eyes shut. Harry backed off, pensively scratching the back of his head – hiding his cold hand down the edges of his oversized jumper.

"You're a sick bastard," Crabbe gritted through his teeth as he dragged his friend along.

"Why?" Harry awkwardly giggled as he watched Goyle stagger into the distance. "What did I do?"