Chapter 2

(Eren POV)

I slipped silently behind the back door of my house to hear glass shatter.

Shit.

My dad is probably awake and hungover. I'm almost a hundred percent sure he's gonna take his killer headache out on me. He drank way too much the other night.

I tip toed towards the living room. Hopefully, he was someplace else. I had to take a gamble and pass the kitchen to get to my room.

"Eren....ngh is that yous?"

Crap. He had seen me. He was sitting in the kitchen one hand on a half empty beer bottle and the other holding a lit cigarette. There was a broken beer bottle on the floor I would have to clean up later. The fridge door was cracked halfway, and I could already smell some of the food beginning to spoil. I was standing in the door frame, unsure whether I should enter or not.

"Sit down boy."

He slurred a bit and motioned with his hand to sit in the empty chair in front of him. I walked slowly towards the drunken man I despised. He suddenly brought his fist down on the hard wooden table.

"DAMNIT BOY NGH. I SAID SIT DOWN."

I was shaking as I quickly sat down. I took a mental break preparing to ask him about going to Levi's house.

"Dad c-can I go to a classmates house for homework..."

I took a shaky breathe as he stared at me intently with eyes of a demon.

"I-I-I can be home in time to make dinner."

I waited in anticipation for a yell or him to hit me but what he said shocked me.

"Fine. Don't be to late urgh."

I ran out the door and onto the grass of my front lawn before he could stop me or change his mind.

I called Levi to pick me up.

"Hey can you come drive me to your house. Sorry if your busy or if it's any trouble."

I heard Levi chuckle on the other end of the call.

"It's no problem. No need to apologize for something we planned to do."

He said bye and hung up. I waited on the sidewalk in front of my house for his car to show up.

Crap.

I had no idea what his car looked like. I guess I could see him in the drivers seat, but was he tall enough? I laughed at the thought of Levi tip toeing in a car.

"Hey brat, what's so funny?"

I looked up to see Levi in a black muscle car. If he had a car this nice, why would he walk to school?

"Nothing in particular."

He opened the car door for me and I jumped in.

The car ride was long and awkward despite music on the radio playing. When we got to his house I was shocked at how average looking it was.

"Big, isn't it?"

I never thought someone like Levi could live in such a normal looking place.

"No really? I couldn't tell."

He half-smiled at my sarcasm and I stepped out of the car and looked at him in curiosity.

I looked noticed that the huge driveway was empty and I stared at it like a dumbass.

"Are you waiting for an invitation or what?"

Levi looked at me, puzzled and he motioned towards the front door.