Chapter 4

(Eren POV)

I cracked my eyes open to see sunlight pouring through my window.

I squinted at my clock and saw the numbers 9:00AM flash on it.

It took me a moment to realise I was late. School started at eight and I had forgotten to set my alarm, the night before.

I jumped out of bed and fell on my face because my right knee ached. Oh my God.

I forgot to remove the glass in that knee..

I mentally face palmed as hard as I could. I have to walk to school!

Eren you fucking idiot.

Maybe I could call Levi to give me a lift?

Nope. Why would he waste his time on me? He doesn't even drive to school so why would he come pick me up?! He's probably in class!

I had honestly fucked up this time.

I hopped on one foot to my dresser. Next to it was a pair of gray crutches. I had bought these a while ago, when Dad had fractured my ankle and refused to take me to the emergency room. It had taken a lot of money to get but I'm glad I ended up buying it.

I somehow managed to take a quick shower, painfully remove the glass and dress for school.

As I limped out of my house I turned around to lock the dark wooden door when I dropped my keys.

I was so done with life at that moment that I just closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Inhale and exhale...

"Eren?!"

You've got to be kidding me..

I mean sure, Levi's attractive (no denying that) but I really wasn't in the mood to answer questions.

I swung my body around using my crutches and squinted at him. I couldn't see him, until I spotted his black car.

Levi ran out of his car and came up to me.

"What the hell happened to you?!"

He was practically yelling but his voice was full of concern.

Levi was wearing a tight black v-neck that exposed his pale skin to the cold air. And some dark and alarmingly tight skinny jeans.

"Nothing happened..."

I murmured to myself and hoped Levi would get the hint, and stop asking.

"Eren who did this to you?"

His voice was a low whisper and I could feel the warmth radiate off of him.

I stayed silent and he edged even closer.

I really didn't want to lose Levi as a friend. If I told him the truth, he wouldn't believe me. Nobody ever does.

"Eren tell me now. Are they threatening you?! I will beat their ass three ways to kingdom come! Just give me a name."

Levi paced around my porch and ran his fingers through his soft raven hair. He was obviously agitated, even I could see that.

"I don't know who did it. I went out for a walk after you dropped me off and I got jumped.."

I didn't like the idea of lying to Levi but this was for the better.

He stopped moving and looked up at me. His cloudy silver eyes reflecting my green-blue ones.

"Eren..."

I have a feeling he knew something was wrong, but he didn't question me further on the matter.

I returned to the task at hand, which was picking up the keys and locking the door without calling on my face.

"Need some help with that brat?"

I groaned at the nickname he had so eloquently chosen.

"Nope."

I leaned forward on one crutch, trying to use my other hand to fish for the keys.

As I did this it was almost as if the universe said "fuck you", because I fell right on my stupid face in front of the hottest guy I've ever meet.

Levi clicked his tounge and made a low whistle.

"Well, you done fucked up, haven't ya?"

I lifted just my face from the wooden floor and glared at him.

"Nah really?! I couldn't have ever fucking guessed that."

My tone was heavy with sarcasm and embarrassment.

"Nice ass by the way. Would you like to ask for help now? Hmm..brat?"

I froze and then jolted up immediately. My face was as red as a fire truck. I moaned in pain as I realized the strain I was putting on my knee.

"Relax, I was just kidding. Eren are you an any shape to even go to school?"

I cursed myself for letting him get to me with that comment.

Levi kneeled down next to me and helped me up.

"We could hang out at my place. Nobody's ever home except me, and we can turn in our assignment tomorrow. I'm sure the teacher won't mind."

I shook my head violently.

"I can't miss school...M-My father wouldn't like that."

Levi looked at me with a shine in his silver eyes.

"I can cover for you. C'mon I'll help you to the car."

He grabbed the door key and locked it. He threw the keys at me and reached for my hand.

I grunted in denial and hoped Levi would leave me alone.

"What do you need help getting up?"

I scoffed at him and crossed my arms.

"No, didn't you know these crutches are just for show?"

Levi rolled his eyes and picked me up, tucking one arm under my knees and the other arm around my shoulder.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! LEVI STOP! YOUR GOING TO FUCKING DROP ME. THIS IS KIDNAPPING. IT HURTS. JESUS CHRIST, PUT ME DOWN."

Levi laughed as he walked down the porch steps and strapped me into the passenger seat of the car.

"The name's Levi, not Jesus."

I was so done with him, but I found myself smiling along with him.

"Well aren't you the brightest."

He retrieved my crutches from the place where they lay on the porch and put them in the back seat of the car.

"Well we're gonna have so much fun."

Levi laughed loudly as he pressed the gas and speed absurdly above the limit.

I was so happy I finally had found a friend who cared.

Maybe I could tell him about the beatings?

For now I'll just try to forget myself in the human that is Levi.