Welcome to Gap Valley Bar

After my little pep talk with myself I was as pumped as ever but instead of finding myself fighting a dragon or a great lord I was somewhere completely different....

"Hey clean that table over them! And get those people seated now!" I voice yelled at me as I found myself in an apron and gloves.

"What....am I doing?"

I was quickly pushed to a table where I began cleaning and thinking about what was going on. My basic white shirt and grey sweats were now transformed into brown jean like pants and a heavy, itchy, blue wool top.

I tried to explain to the man bossing me around but he just wouldn't listen.

As time passed people seemed to be rushing in faster than people were rushing out. Not a single table was empty unless I was cleaning it.

The day went by slower and slower and by the end I felt like I ran a marathon full speed while having a boxing match in ten times earth gravity.

I fell down and felt like a great weight was lifted off my shoulders when the man announced, "Sorry we're closed."

"S-sir...please tell me what's happening...." I gasped for breath.

"What do you mean? You're the new bus boy of the Gap Valley Bar" A man in strange barbaric clothes minus the hat and weapon roared to me.

"A...bar?"

"The best bar in the world, people come from all around to eat our food and drink our beer, when "the man" told me about you I wasn't sure but after todays work I knew I made the right decision" he said laughing as the bar shook.

His laugh rattled me as I got up slowly, "So can I go now?"

He slapped my back and laughed, "Yeah, great work rookie your huts in the back, go take a shower before dinner is ready."

I practically dragged myself through the door to a small hut big enough to hold a bed and a place for my clothes. The hut was made of some old wood and twigs, it seemed a fly could land on it and it would collapse. It reeked of beer and sweat. 

"It's more like home then I thought" I joked, collapsing on hay bale known as my bed.  It was hard but I rose from my quick rest and rolled out of my hut to a small area where I took a rejuvenating bath before being called for dinner. 

"Great work everyone! Another successful day and now that we have our new rookie we'll get even more work done!!!" The man roared to me and a bunch of others who sat at a huge table with plates in front of us with lids. 

They all gave me a pat on the back that slammed me down on the table each time until I was bleeding from my forehead and nose. I had no energy left, the only thing keeping me going was the intense hunger I had in my stomach. 

"Now my brothers.....LET'S FEAST!!!!" He thundered as everyone opened their lids and cheered, making my ears pop. 

At that moment an aroma so strong, so powerful hit my noise and filled me with so much power I felt like a brand new person. I looked at the dish and my mouth began to water at the site of a giant steak with sauce and a side of potatoes and bread. 

I grabbed my fork and cut through the steak, nearly cutting myself because of how tender the meat was.

Everyone was already finishing as I saw my arm trembling as I took my first bite. Just like that I was now trapped in a prison of flavor that gripped me like nothing ever before. Its taste taking over my whole body as I threw away my fork and began tearing into it with growing pleasure. 

It was like I was being held up in a castle, a part of the butlers who is worked to the bone to only be thrown into a prison cell. Wait? Isn't that a slave? Regardless that's how I feel, trapped, stuck being worked to death each and everyday. Until! I hear someone call my name from the window of my prison.