Losing Control

Here's another one, everybody! (I'm feeling a little insecure and afraid it's a little too melodramatic, so let me know what you think please)

———————————

"Raph, what is your problem?!"

"Back off, Leo! I'm not the only one with issues! You have no right to single me out!" Raph retorted, angrily shoving Leo backwards.

The leader growled in response and used his superior height to his advantage. "Then the same goes for you then, Raph! You're always blaming me when something goes wrong!"

"Well there's a reason for that, dumbbell! You're the goddamn leader! Whenever something goes wrong it's your responsibility!"

"Maybe it is, but I'm not going to allow myself to be blamed for your inadequacies, Raph! You are arrogant, self-centered, and impossible to work with! I don't even know why I waste my time trying with you anymore!" Leo yelled throwing his arm over his face in exasperation.

"Oh, so I'm the arrogant one? Huh, Fearless? Mr. Fucking-Perfect leader?!" Raph shouted, getting up into his brother's face. They were inches away from each other, their eyes on fire.

Leo's right hand reached back to his katana. But suddenly they were both being shoved backwards. They glared at Donatello fiercely, but the brainiac didn't even flinch. "Stop it, both of you! Arguing is not going to get us anywhere. Leo, stop blaming Raph!" Raph smirked victoriously until Donnie turned to him with a scowl. "You're no better, Raph! Lay off!"

"Of course you side with Leo!"

"I'm not siding with anyone!" Don retorted.

Suddenly, Leo could feel his anger draining and he found himself in a very unfamiliar position. He was usually the one who fought with Raph, not Donnie. Something about this felt strange. A weird discomfort filled his chest. He didn't like this. He didn't like seeing his brothers fight. There was only one way to stop this and that was by keeping Raph's anger directed at him. "Back off, Raph!" He growled, stepping in front of Donnie and warningly poking his brother in the chest.

Raphael glared at his brothers. He wasn't going to win this fight. Damn. He turned and stormed towards the door. Leo blocked him.

"Not now, Raph. Remember we're going out to bash Footbots tonight!"

"How do we even know they'll be there? We got that intel last Friday, Leo, and we haven't heard anything to confirm it."

Fearless put his hands on his hips in the way that annoyed Raph even more and the hothead growled.

Donatello rolled his eyes and sighed. "Sometimes, Raph, I think you're more dog than turtle." That crack only earned the brainiac an additional growl. "Leo's right, Raph. Even though the intel hasn't been confirmed, we need to go check it out just to be sure." Don said plainly.

The hothead was certainly not pleased. "You always side with Leo."

"And you always act like a child when you don't get your way!" Donatello had lost his patience and he brought is bō down from his back.

Raph brandished his sais and lunged at his brainiac brother with a loud yell of frustration. Leo came between them and held both of them back. "Stop it, both of you! Fighting isn't getting us anywhere! Raph just stay in, alright?! We'll be leaving in two hours."

"Fine."

It was a long, tiring patrol. They repeatedly circled the area where the Foot were supposedly going to have some big operation, but there was no sign of them. Of course, Raphael was the first to launch a complaint.