Invisible

So here's the sequel to Replaced. Hope you all like it! Let me know what you think after! Thanks everyone!

—————————

Raphael had always been jealous of Leo. He still was sometimes, but in their younger years Raph's jealousy had always been directed at the eldest turtle. Sometimes towards Mikey and Donnie as well but mostly towards Leo. Because Leo had Sensei wrapped around his little finger. Leonardo was Sensei's favorite and, oh, how it made Raph burn. Much as he had wanted too, however, Raphael just couldn't hate Leo. He loved Leo. Leo was his big brother. He and Leo competed over everything, including their father's love and affection. But Leo was Splinter's favorite and as the years went by it got harder and harder for Raph to compete, especially taking into consideration that there were two little brothers to deal with as well. Raphael grew to crave any bit of attention he could get from his father be it good or bad. Either way, at least he knew that Splinter noticed him.

Brothers. Raphael might never voice it aloud, but he was so grateful to have his brothers in his life. Whenever he felt alone or unwanted it was his brothers that quelled his doubts. They gave him the attention and affection that he needed. Whenever he didn't get what he needed from Sensei, he sought out his brothers and they gave it to him. His brothers loved him and their love kept him going.

But now, something had changed. Their family dynamic had shifted. Splinter had a new favorite and this time it was someone Raph knew he could never compete with. Karai was Splinter's biological daughter and Raph was only an adopted son. Maybe that was why it hurt so much. Hard as his heart fought to deny it, Raph knew that Splinter would always love her more. Nothing would ever be the same again.

Donnie and Leo were being really nice to him. They'd tried to include him in the family movie night last night, but it had been awkward and uncomfortable and he'd ended up going to bed early anyway.

Morning training was over now and Raph had gone back to his room. He didn't really feel like talking to any of them right now. Besides, he knew that Don would try to talk him into doing those heart tests or whatever it was. Having Donnie do those tests would only get the others worried unnecessarily. It was probably nothing.

Suddenly, voices passing in the hall made him pause.

"Hey Karai, do you want to go pick up some pizza gyoza with me?"

"Sure, you leaving now?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. Just let me grab my stuff."

Raphael blinked slowly. Karai was going with Leo? Then that would mean that Sensei would be alone. Maybe he could try talking to his father about his feelings. But—could he really? Sensei wouldn't want to hear him complain about Karai. But he wouldn't really be complaining about Karai. He just...he just wanted to talk to his father. That wasn't too much to ask, right?

The red-masked turtle waited a good ten minutes just to make sure that Leo and Karai were, in fact, gone. Raphael padded softly through the lair to the dojo. He hesitated, took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Enter." Splinter said from inside.

He stepped tentatively into the room, rubbing the back of his neck and shifting nervously. The old rat gave him a stern look and Raph's resolve nearly melted away completely.

"Raphael, I was just about to begin my daily meditation." Splinter said, a hint of strict scolding in his voice.

Raph deflated and bowed his head, lowering his eyes to the floor and instinctively retreating towards the door. "Oh. I'm sorry Sensei. I'll just-"