Chp 6: Paper balls and Accents

Chapter 6: Paper balls and Accents

Asheleen was late as usual. Typical her. Ash needs to get her head straight and tell me whats the deal. Why didn't she not tell me the the big deal or the reason she was acting weird in the car yesterday. Stuff like this makes me frustrated.

*Honk Honk* goes her mustang. Sometimes i think she just likes to rub it in. Smh

I grabbed everything that i could and stumbled downstairs. There i saw my mom on the phone prob talking to her business partner. I waved to her and she putted her index finger up meaning "hold on". She covered her hand on the phone and whispered "Bye sweetheart love you". Then she continued her blabbing on the cell.

Ash opened the car door for me. Prob making up for ignoring me last night. She scooted back to the drivers seat and turned on the car. I almost forgot to check to see if i have everything. I scanned through my bag seeing if i left something. Crap i left my math book upstairs. " Hey i'll be right back i forgot something. Ash sighed and unlocked the doors. "Hurry cause our asses gonna be late". I nodded and ran to the door. I felt like the flash cause i was already upstairs. 

Gosh where did i put that little brat! My room is really big and messy so this is gonna be tricking. I looked under my bed, my closet, my drawers, but still nothing. Wait i was bored last night, so i had to read something. Then i jumped into my bed and took a hold of my pillow and released it in the air. There laid my math book. i grabbed it real quick and ran downstairs. 

My feet stopped when i heard a voice of a man. " Listen it's all right if you don't want to go out next week but i really want to see you before i leave" the man said. I looked over the corner and saw that my mother was still on the phone. " Yes Tom but i have my daughter to think about, i can't just take off a night ". I did a fist pump in the air with victory. The last thing on my list is for my mom to get heartbroken again. "Come on it'll be fun , hey you could bring shelby with you so she won't feel left out". Left out? Oh hell no. "Tom i don't think she'll want that, besides we've been dating for a month now and i still didn't tell her ". What wait dating for a month! How come people don't tell me shit anymore!

" I know but before i leave just one more time , i love it when we have se- I covered my ears to know what he was going to say. My mother sighed and said "Okay fine but just one more okay " she giggled.

Ewwh grown ups flirting. Just makes me vomit.

Before my mom could see i swifted across the living room through the door. i ran to the car and yelled ash to step on it! We were already burning rubber . Dang Ash could drive. If she went 30 more miles we could be at school already.

* 8:03 a.m

Ash waved me goodbye when she entered English class. I speed walked to math class. Thank god she was already doing attendance. I seated myself right in front of Pete who was playing with a crumpled up piece of paper. Man you can entertain delinquents with just a paper ball? weird. i pulled out my math book which looked perfectly new and try to finish up my last minute homework. Is being emotionally ignored count as a excuse? I think so. I could feel Petes breath on my shoulder as he stares at my sheet. "Wow little miss goody good didn't do her homework huh?". Goody good? What the hell. I'm getting real tired of his nicknames for me! " Why don't you go back and play with you're ball". "Fine" He took a hand full of his paper ball and threw it at the back of my head. My face =0. The ball landed under my feet which got me the chance to grab it. I felt like a ninja when i smoothly threw the ball at his face.

" ow....oh goody good likes to play dirty huh, okay lets play " he whispered. I swallowed my spit and stayed stiff. One of Petes friends nodded at him and so did the other one at the corner. ah oh. Pete then gave a signal to throw their paper balls. Heh balls. They both threw the paper balls across the room letting the shower of paper hit my face in disgust. Pete took one last shot and threw one on the top of my head. They all started laughing and pointed at the pile of paper balls.

i grabbed one and positioned myself to throw at his face. But then a cold hand took a hold of mine. It was Mrs.Goreg. * hands her a detention slip*. "What for what!" Mrs. Goreg pointed at the pile of paper. My faced flushed when people started to stare. " But since it's Friday AFTER school on Monday, and since you like to litter then you get to have some fun by cleaning up the school cafeteria ". "It wasn't just me it was Pete too !" Pete sunked down in his seat pretending to not know whats going on. "I don't know what your talking about , shes just trying to get me in trouble!" i can hear the lie in Petes voice and it disgust me. " You threw these at me and not to mention you started it!" "You need to shut up okay i didn't do anything". People started chattering in the background. " Don't tell me to shut up you shut up!" " How about the both of you finish this dicussion after school on Monday, and you guys are good friends how about you too work together in the cafiteria". mrs . Goreg said. i whimpered cause i knew i lost the fight.

Pete gave me that stare that would give you shivers.

" Thanks alot princess now were both in trouble"  " You shouldn't be complaining , you get in trouble all the time by the law". he crossed his arms and looked at the clock, hopping to plan another revenge. 

* 2:15 p.m

Right after school i didn't want a ride from Ash shes done so much to me i'll just walk home. home. my mother has a date with a man i don't know and the fact that she has been dating him for a month now! i took a breather and walked on by the book store. I cupped my hands in the window seeing a stack of fresh new books. I opened the door and heard the ding! i love the ding. " Shelby welcome! i got a new line of books , here let me show ya" she trailed off to the other side of the book store to get the stack. She then came back with three books that looked interesting. one had a pic of a humming on fire ( looks like the hunger games) another one with two people kissing , and then the last one was just blank. It had a hard blue cover that felt smooth. i want it. " how much for the blue one" i asked. Miss Hemmingway looked at the book and then laughed. "Oh sweet heart i just found this one on a table not in the stack, but umm lets see.... * checks back of book* ehh darling theres no price tag but since you come here every day i'll give it to you for free" " Oh my gosh really?" She handed me the book. " Really " with that she gave my a wink. I wish i had her southern accent, it sounds so cool.

I exited the book store and waved Miss Hemmingway goodbye. Hard to belive shes single. i mean she's only 26 years old. Hello boys!

When i finally got to my house there was a motorcycle parked in the drive way. Huh? i don't know anybody in this town that owns a motorcyle except for ...... Ugh. Each step i took made me regret. he's prob here i know it. My fingers shooked as i opened the door seeing my mother talking to Pete.

Shit.

<<<

P.P <3