Chp 7: It's better if you do

Chapter 7: It's better if you do

Why was my mother talking to Pete? I guess I should just sneak in and hear what their talking about. My back pack was placed gently on the wooden living room floor. I tip toed into the kitchen acting like a mouse hiding from a cat. Pete wore his blue jacket that had paint stains on it and ripped jeans. Mother didn't seem to mind. The fire place split the rooms between the living room and the kitchen, so I hid behind there.

"So Pete um i'm very sorry that Shelby hasn't come yet she's always late to these kind of things".

"Oh really like what?" he said with amusement.

"One time when Shelby was seven she forgot she had ballet class, so she didn't do her hair at all and it looked like a birds nest" she said while laughing.

My face flushed when I saw Pete smile and giggled. Gosh mother why?

"Wow I guess she never does her hair, cause she always looks like that" he joked along with her. Mother spitted out her tea and laughed. 'Oh Pete you're a really funny guy" she said. "Its a gift". Please shut up. Mother always found Pete a bad guy, but now a funny guy? No No. "So Pete, how's your mother?"

He gulped then cleared his throat. " Um well... She-

To break the awkwardness I cut him off. " Hi mum! oh hey Pete...." I rolled my eyes when I opened up the fridge. I grabbed a jar of milk and poured a sample for me. I jugged the milk down and gasped for air. 'So what you guys talking about?" i asked. They both looked at each other. ' Oh just talking about when your gonna get home". Hah lies. Mother is really bad at lieing especially when i heard mostly everything they were talking about. Pete got up and grabbed his bag. The silence filled the air when he broke it off. " So aren't you gonna show me your room". I snapped out of it and leaded him to my queen sized room.

My room looked like something off of a magazine or from that mtv show cribs. Pete stared mostly at my picture of dad. He walked forward and touched the pic. He never seen my dad except when him and Tyler came over for the first time. My dad was the best dad i have ever had. Well he was the only dad i had. His voice was soft and very charming , he could make a girl go head over heels for him. But he left us when he went to fight in Afghanistan. The news was brought to us when my moms friend boyfriend, who was also in the fight, texted her the news that changed our life's. Mother never spoken to any men cause every time she did dads image pops up in her head. It hurted her. Not until now.

" Wow i haven't seen him in a while....what happened?' he asked. Gosh here comes the feels. Tears started streaming down my face. " He died in a war...OK....can we please just get to the stupid lessons already'. He held his hands up. " I was just asking gosh". Wow he really is cold hearted, didn't he hear what i just told him. Maybe he should just fall off a cliff. That'll be best for the both of us.

Pete sat down and pulled out a skecth book. " I thought we were painting?" i asked him. He shot me his blue eyes that would make any girl melt. But not this girl. " Heh you can't just start painting real quick * snaps his fingers* you have to learn how to draw shapes and shadeing" he explained. He thinks i can't draw a simple shape , this boy better learn before speak. I took the skecth pad and drew a quick circle. I held it up for him to see. Pete looked at it and then laughed his ass off. Whats so funny? I looked at the circle, gosh it was horrid. Everything was sloppy. Just like Pete. " See what i mean, you need me" he pointed at his face making his eyes pop out. Looks like a puppy dog. His face looked weird so i nodded my head with a giggle.

" Good now lets start with a CIRCLE first cause you seem to have a pretty tough time with that shit". The way he said shit made me laugh.

<<<

I shaded in the circle that was perfect and made it blend in with the white paper. Pete looked over my shoulder to see my process. " Hey that looks good , but i think you should do this instead. His warm hand grabs mine as he makes a circular motion with the pencil, making the circle look 3D .'Will this help make it better" I asked. " But it's better if you do" he gave me a wink then went back to his painting. It looked beautiful. It was a painting of a eye ball that oozed with red blood. It had a black background , more like a picture for him i guess. I smiled when he signed his name on the corner. He had nice hand writing ( you know for a delinquent). " Nice hand writing boob". He got flushed and came close to me. " If you ever tell anybody this i'm going to punish you, i'm still getting my revenge on you for dyeing my hair pink, you GOT IT" My lips were tight and closed together, i nodded my head in agreement. " Well if you do tell , i'm gonna tell people that little story your mommy told me". His hot minty breath hit against my neck. It felt good.

<<<

Pete got his shirt all stained up covered in paint and tooth paste. ( Please don't ask why he was using toothpaste, art people these days). My mother came up stairs with a basket full of laundry. " Oh Pete do you want me to clean your shirt , i mean if you want me too" mum asked. He took off his shirt in agreement and threw his shirt in the basket. Mum took a quick look at him when he turned around. She gave me a thumbs up and winked. I mouthed the words get out of here! She left me having a red face. Oh gosh i hate being white. Pete was a little bit tanned but i knew when he was little he was full on white. Still got the pictures from 2nd grade. That would be great black mail to use.

It got really late so maybe i should tell him to leave....but that would be mean to do. Stupid sweet heart side of me. I got it from my dad. He always gave food or donated stuff to the poor. Even when they were on the street he had to stop by and give him/her money or food. Maybe ill let him stay for a little bit more but that's it. When i was walking towards my bed i stepped on a paint brushed and faced forward onto a bucket of paint. * Cough cough* * Spits out green paint*. Ugh. " hah well hello there the hulk" he joked. Oh yeah. * grabs petes ankle and makes him fall* " haha hello sonic hahaha" i nudged him on the shoulder. He picked himself up but slipped on the puddle of blue paint. This was getting interesting, My cold wooden floor made me shiver along with the cold paint on my face. While Pete huh i guess hes cold all around. " your going to pay for that princess". I stuck out my tongue but he grabbed it and slapped blue paint on it. " Ewhhgh" was all i could say. I ran into my bath room and washed all the paint off my face and tongue ( well almost all). My eyeliner was smeared all over the place and so was my lip gloss. I looked like i just came out of a strip club.

I walked back in the room with Pete laying against the bed gasping. " That was fun, and distracting" he whispered during breaths. My feet slipped down on the ground making me do the splits. " Next time , don't leave your brushes on the floor". Pete smiled and closed his eyes making me fall in deep trance.

<<<

P.P <3