A New Experience

The majority of this story will be in Lucy's point of view. If it's in someone else's view, I'll let you know!

--------------------------------------------------

I was swimming around the throne room totally excited for today. I couldn't wait on what was about to happen. It's my birthday, not just any birthday though! it's my 18th birthday, meaning I get to finally do it. I squealed in excitement when my father interrupted my thoughts.

"Lucy! calm down or I'll change my mind!" he demanded. I stopped and looked at him with big eyes.

"Father! I can't wait I'm just so excited!"

"Yes yes...just before you go, what are the rules?" he asked sternly. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Don't get close to humans, don't go near the fish traps, and don't stay on land too long." I repeated the rules that were smashed into my skull since I was a kid.

"And most importantly,"

"Don't ever tell a lie. I know father." I finished his sentence for him and smiled.

"Can I go now?" I gave him the puppy eyes and he sighed in defeat.

"The surface is a dangerous place, please don't stay long. If you get wet while on land, your tail will come back and the humans will try to sell or kill you. Be careful please Lucy..." he was really worried about me but I just kept smiling and hugged him goodbye. He gave a potion that lets me grow human legs before I left. I started to swim towards the surface and waved goodbye to him one more time.

"This is SO exciting!" I said to myself. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing, I can't believe I'm doing this. You see, mermaids and mermen shouldn't be on land with the humans but a new tradition started. When a mermaid turns 18, she is allowed one week on land with the humans. Mermen are the same. I've always heard stories but never seen the surface for myself. I swam faster and was getting close to my destination. I slowed down and looked at the sky that looks closer than usual. I poked my head out of the water and looked around for land. I crawled on the sand and quickly took the potion out of my satchel. I drank some of it and my tail felt all tingly. A bright light came out of no where and suddenly I had human legs.

"Wow..." I mumbled to myself. I slowly stood up and tried to balance myself on my new legs. I stumbled over them and face planted on the sand. I tried multiple times, and after the sixth time I got the hang of them and started to walk towards the town.

"I gotta find some human clothes to cover me up..." I only had a shells covering my chest. I looked around the corner of a building and saw all kinds of stalls. And humans were walking around. I spotted some cloth and grabbed it before the human noticed I stole it. I threw it on and began walking around. I was admiring the new surrounds.

"This is so amazing!" I cheered. I stopped at every stand and a man working one of them spotted me. I smiled at him and he handed me something red.

"Since you're so beautiful, this is on the house. enjoy miss!" he said. I looked at the red object and took a bite out of it. I think this is what the humans call an apple. It was so delicious! I thanked the man and walked away to another stand. I accidentally bumped into a man and he fell to the ground. I panicked and apologized to him repeatedly.

"I'm so sorry sir, let me help you up!" I held out my hand but he just glared at me. I stepped back as he stood up on his own. He looks rather scary looking.

"You look beautiful maybe I could make you mine." He mumbled. I stepped back more and hit a wall that was behind me. He got closer and grinned. I dropped the apple I was eating and tried to get away. He cornered me and caressed my cheek, causing me to tremble.

"Please sir, stop." I muttered. He slid his hands down to my waist and breathed in my ear. I closed my eyes and tried pushing him away but I wasn't strong enough. I tried getting someone's attention but no one was around. Just when I thought he would have his way with me, I heard a pained scream and a loud thud. I opened my eyes and saw him curled up into a ball on the ground. I looked up and locked eyes with another man. He looked more dangerous than the other guy. I was still trembling but stopped when he spoke.

"Miss, you're safe now." He said in the softest tone. He held out his hand to me but I was reluctant on taking it.

"I'm just trying to help, no need to be scared." He said as if he could read my mind. I slowly put my hand on his and he gripped onto it and started to run.

"Wh-where are you taking me?!" I stuttered. He didn't stop or look back at me. I almost tripped a few times since I wasn't completely use to these legs. He picked my up bridal style and smiled at me.

"I'm gonna bring you somewhere safe!"

A/N

Hey guys! how was it for the first chapter? I know it's going rather slow but it'll get better. Thanks for reading!
~Silent