Mermaid Fixation

Chapter four! yay!

--------------------------------------------------

"Okay Luce, you ready?" The captain asked enthusiastically. I looked at him with a confused look.

"Ready for what? And why are you calling me Luce?" I asked.

"I just came up with it, but that's not important right now. anyway, I'm gonna show you around the ship." He grabbed my arm and dragged me with him. We walked into a room and I spotted that Wendy girl.

"This is the infirmary, Wendy knows healing magic so she can help us with any injury or sickness!" Wendy smiled and waved at me. I waved back and was dragged somewhere else.

"This is where the crew sleeps. And the cellar is down there." We got back outside and he pointed up.

"That's the birds nest, Gray can spot something in the distance and let us know about it. Over there is where I steer the ship." I looked at him and then and the wheel.

"Shouldn't you be there then?!" I asked with concern. He laughed and pointed at a big metal thing.

"That's a magic generator, the ship is set to the course Levy typed in. I don't have to steer, it steers by itself." He said with such confidence. I forgot that humans studied magic long ago but very few are talented enough to use it. I looked around and thought about something.

"Hey captain, why is my room separated from the other crew members?" I asked. He looked at me in confusion.

"What do you mean? that's my room you've been sleeping in, the captain gets the biggest room, don't you know that?" my eyes widened.

"So where did you sleep last night?" I asked. He smirked at me.

"In the same bed as you." when he finished that sentence I blushed and looked at the floorboards. I calmed down and looked up at him again.

"Where are we going anyway?" I asked.

"Mermaid hunting." I felt my heart skip a beat and I started to tremble. Did he say what I think he did?

"Mer-mermaid hunting..?" I stuttered. He looked at me with a serious look and nodded.

"Do you believe in mermaids?" he asked. Believe in them? I AM one.

"Yeah I do." I said nervously. He smiled and grabbed both my hands.

"Then did you know they can grant you wishes?" he said.

I heard about that, but the only way to get your wish granted, you had to kiss the mermaid. It had to be true loves kiss or else the human wouldn't get his wish, instead he would die from lying about his love. It was basically the same curse my people had.

"Yes I have heard of that before." I said. His face lit up and I laughed a little bit.

"I will find a mermaid and get my wish granted." He said with determination. I just smiled and nodded along with him. I hope he doesn't find out about me. I don't think he knows about the whole kissing thing, he might try to kill me if I didn't grant his wish. He rambled on and on about my people acting like he knew everything about us. But I have to admit, he knew a lot.

"By the way Luce, where did you come from? you obviously didn't live in that town, and earlier you said something about the ocean." He suddenly stopped talking about mermaids and asked me personal questions. I panicked a little because I didn't know what to tell him. If I lie, I'll die. I thought about my answer and took a deep breath.

"I lived in a place called Magnolia. It is known as the town under water." I told him. I'm not lying, this is all true. But humans don't know about it since my people built it themselves.

"I've never heard of that place, is it nice there?" he asked and I nodded.

"I was born and raised there, when I turned 18 my father let me leave. its a tradition my people have." I covered my mouth and realized I said too much. He looked at me with a confused look

"Your people?" he repeated. I tried walking away and talk to someone but he grabbed my shoulder.

"What do you me-"

"CAPTAIN NATSU! WE MADE IT TO OUR LOCATION!!!" I heard Levy yell. He let go and ran next to her. I sighed in relief.

"That was too close Lucy, you gotta learn to shut your mouth." I whispered to myself, slapping my cheeks out of irritation. I whipped my head to where Natsu and Levy were standing and walked over.

"Are you sure mermaids will be around here?" He asked. Levy nodded and smiled.

"I read it in a book, this is a sacred place for the mermaids." She pointed at a cave entrance and I stared at it for a minute. It looks familiar. Have I been here before? my thoughts were caught off when Erza tapped me on the shoulder.

"It might be dangerous in there so you stay here with Levy, Wendy, and Gray." She said sternly. I wanted to listen to her but I felt like I needed to go into that cave. I shook my head and looked at her.

"I'm joining you guys." I said. Natsu walked up for behind me and patted my head.

"The more the merrier!" he said. Erza, Gajeel, Natsu, and I all took the paddle boat and headed into the cave. I sniffed the air and it smelt like something familiar. What is it? After a few minutes, we hit ground and proceeded on foot. Natsu suddenly stopped causing Gajeel to bump into him and Erza to bump into Gajeel and me bump into Erza.

"What was that for Captain?" I said as I rubbed my nose. He put his finger on his lips signaling me to be quiet.

"Do you hear that?"

A/N

I wonder what Natsu will wish for if he found a mermaid! and what caused him to stop so suddenly? well keep reading to find out. Thanks guys!
~Silent