006

"Alec. Didn't know you were here." Axel noticed a man talking to Alec and walked towards them.

"Yeah, no, I, uh..." Alec stuttered. While Alec was embarrassed by his reply, Axel thought it was pretty cute.

"Don't tell me. I don't wanna have to report you." The man waved off his reply. Axel narrowed his eyes at how close he was with Alec.

"You better not or I'll rip your tongue off and make you swallow it." Axel spoke up. The older Shadowhunter took a step back making Axel smirk at his fear.

"It's just that, you know, Clary is... That girl is Valentine's..." The man, who Axel still doesn't know the name of, groans when his rune started burning.

"The monster's daughter. There must be some reason why the roaches are coming out of the woodwork again, right?" Alec replied.

"I'll leave you to it." He sighs. Axel clears his throat.

"I'll leave you two to it." He corrects. He began walking away but stopped when Alec began talking.

"Hodge? Thank you." 'Hodge? What kind of name is Hodge?' Axel thought.

"You remind me of me, Alec." Axel snorts. Alec was much hotter than him and probably more skilled.

"A loyal friend standing in the shadow of the chosen one." Alec and Axel scoffs at this.

"Alec may not be the chosen one but he is still more than a shadow. And also, Alec is better than Jace." Alec fights back his smile but a hint of blush is shown on his cheek.

"Hey... Don't make the same mistakes I did. Look where it got me."

"Thats your mistake. Ill be by Alec's side to make sure he won't end up like you."

~

Alec and Axel meets up with the rest and they began making a plan. Alec and Isabelle were to distract the vampires while the three would get back Simon. Axel didn't like the plan since he didn't want anything to happen to the Lightwood siblings. He had grown quite fond of them, especially the boy.

Clary had wanted Axel to be with her since she didn't want anything happening to the people closest to her. Axel had agreed with the plan with reluctance because of her reason.

Axel, Clary and Jace walked side by side. Jace and Clary made small talk until Axel smelled the burnt flesh and Clary's scream. Axel's marking materialized into a knife and Axel holds it onto Jace's neck. Axel presses the knife onto Jace's skin making it bleed.

"Axel! Stop! He was only putting a rune on me." Clary interfered. Axel sighs and makes the knife materialize into a long stick.

"Im guessing you didn't do that just because I put a rune on Clary." Jace says. Axel didn't really like the blonde but held back his hate for Clary.

"You're right. I just don't like you." Axel says bluntly. He didn't like the way he treated the Lightwood sibling now that Clary is here.

Clary and Jace sighs but keeps walking. At one point, they all stop when they see a bunch of vampires running towards the other direction. They all knew they were after the Lightwood sibling.