010

"He said, "Your mother for the Cup."" Clary said, scared of how he knew that she could see him.

Alec, who just walked in, dragged in a sleepy Axel with him. After what had happened, Axel didn't want Alec to leave his side in case something happened. Raising his eyebrows, Alec asked, "Who said that?"

"Valentine." That made Axel snap from his daze.

"What? Oh my god? Are you okay, Clary? Did he do anythi-" Axel rushed to Clary's side to check if she was injured.

"He's with my mother." Clary interrupted and slapped away Axel hands, which were moving her head in every direction.

"And he can speak to you through that necklace? Here, in the Institute?" Alec asked worrying about Valentine coming here. Honestly, Alec was just worried about Valentine killing Axel since Axel said that he was trying to kill him.

"It's like when I saw Dot."

"It's a Portal shard." Jace said examining the necklace. "That's why your mother made sure you had it."

"All I know is what I saw, my mother's alive." A smile broke out of her face. The thought made her want to celebrate. "She's unconscious, but alive."

"Where are they?" Alec asked inching closer to Axel.

"I don't know."

"But you said you saw them." You could see the frustration on Alec's face. "Were there any identifying characteristics? Equipment, weapons, photographs?"

"I don't remember. It was awful." Her eyes teared up a bit. Axel hugged her and laid his chin on her head.

"It's okay, we'll find her. I'll make sure of it." Axel soothed her like he always did when she had nightmares.

"Alec, lighten up."

"I'm trying to get something we can use out of this." Alec defends himself. After Axel lets go of Clary, he fires another question, "Clary, what did you see, exactly?"

"Valentine has my mother. That's what I saw."

"Emotions are nothing but a distraction. You're ruled by them. We're taught to control them."Alec tells her.

"Is that from tumblr, sweetheart? Im pretty sure I saw that in tumblr." Axel asks but once again, he is ignored. Looking at them awkwardly, he says, "yeah, I'm just gonna, uh, sit down."

"And how is that working out for ya?" Clary asks.

"It is my job to protect the Institute. If Valentine can see in, that's a door I have to shut. Now let me take a look at that thing." Jace looks at Alec like he was kidding until he reluctantly gave him the necklace. Looking at it, Alec begins to walk away.

"Now, it's in the proper hands." Clary and Jace immediately bolted right after Alec. Axel stood up and was about to speed walk until he tripped over his own feet. Landing on the ground with a loud thud, he rolls on his back and huffs.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

~

When Alec came into the room again, he didn't expect to see Axel lay on the ground. When he asked what he was doing on the ground, Axel answered with, "Leave me alone to die.", which made him get a look from the taller boy. Alec just grabbed his arms, dragged him on the bed and muttered, "Don't die.", before he left.

Axel fell asleep with a smile on his face.

When he had woken up, Axel left to search for the shadowhunter group who he was fond of except Jace, who had a crush on Clary.

A woman who looked like the Lightwood sibling was there with them.

"You and you, with me now." She ordered. Turning around, she let out a small gasp at Axel. Axel gave her a smile and offered his hand.

"Maryse Lightwood. It's lovely to see you again." Axel lied giving her a wide fake smile. A smile, which looked like a grimace, was on her face.

"Axel Knight. How are you in here? You can only come in when you a deal with a shadowhunter." Realization showed on her face. "Wait, let me guess. Clary Fairchild?" Axel nodded and ignored the looks he was given by the others.

"Smart like you were when I first met you." Lies. "It was nice meeting you. I'm guessing you have business to do." When she nodded her head, Axel kissed her cheek and whispered.

"I'm quite fond of your children and I hate seeing them sad like Isabelle is right now. When I see that, I get angry and I have an urge to kill the person to upset her. We wouldn't want that to happen do we?" Axel chuckled at the glare on her face and took a step back.

The female Lightwoods and Jace left. Axel walked towards the ones left but Alec snatched Axel's hand and dragged him away.

"See you later, Clare bear!" He shouted, almost tripping over his foot again.

----
You know what sucks? Being sick again.
You know what sucks too? Having a shit ton of work to do.
But you know what sucks the most? Writing a fanfic about Alec when you ship Malec a lot. Like did you see that kiss? They were made for each other so how the hell am I supposed to make Axel and Alec become like malec? I have no freaking idea.

Sorry for being dead for these past few weeks. Thank you for following me and voting even if this book is shit.

But honestly, was this chapter even good?