009

The shadowhunters, the warlock and the demon stayed in the room where Clary lost her chance to retrieving her memories. Clary was sitting next to Jace who was breathing heavily.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Jace said still looking at his parabatai and the demon hugging. They were still all shocked at what happened.

"What the hell just happened?" Isabelle said still not coming over the shock that Valak tried eating Jace and then Axel lost control which her brother helped get back.

Magnus was leaning up against the wall looking like he was in a daze. He knew the woman. He saw her somewhere. Just like that, a name appeared in his head.

"Katya Reine? That was Katya, wasn't it?" Magnus asked Axel who tensed up at his first love's name. Axel looked pained. All the memories he had with her was flashing through his mind. He gave a slight nod to Magnus.

"How do you know her name?" He asked not liking the fact they were talking about her.

"Gossip and I knew her personally." He said. Axel unwrapped his arm around Alec and crossed it over his chest. Alec didn't like it at all, he felt cold now. "Didn't think that it was true."

"That what wasn't true?" Clary asked wanting to know more about this. Magnus opened his mouth to respond but Axel cut him off.

"Wait, let me guess." He said. "That the all mighty demon, Axel Knight, fell in love with a beautiful huntress named Katya Reine."

Alec felt a bit uncomfortable about this. He didn't want to know about his crush's love life.

"No, it was more like-" Magnus started, "the heartless monster knows how to love." Axel shrugged.

"Close enough."

"What happened to her?" Isabelle and Jace said at the same time. Axel sighed knowing that he would have to tell them about her.

"You need to know the whole story before I met her to understand her death." Axel said. Alec put his hand on his. He knew that this must have been hard for him.

"Her death was quite unfortunate. She was a nice and loving woman." Magnus said, knowing how she was. He had met her when she was 10 and she made him feel like he was her brother. He never knew the details of her death.

"Axel, tell us the whole story so we can understand." Clary said looking at him. Axel sighed again knowing he would have to tell them all.

"My father was an Incubus and my mother was human which makes me a Cambion." Isabelle was confused. He showed quality of being an Cambion but he possessed other abilities that he shouldn't have. "When they had me, they created one of the strongest demons you could meet."

"My father and I thought that my mother was human but she wasn't. My mother didn't know what she was and we didn't have time figuring it out because she died. She was killed by her best friend."

"Wait, what? Why would her best friend kill her?" Clary exclaimed. She would never do that to Simon.

"She was a shadowhunter and my mother, whatever she was, made her kill her. I think killing my mother made her crazy because she blamed it on us. She hunted us for years and she got my father."