Chapter 7: Mother and Daughter.

» = Nadine's POV: « = Holly's POV:

« "Well then I will ask you. Do you like Artemis?" What if she likes him and they are perfect for each other because they are both human. I'm out of the question because I'm an elf, we can't be together. I hate this. It hurts.

» Should I play a game with this? That is so much fun!

 "I do like him."

I saw her wince. "But not in a way you like him." Then I felt her relief. The game was lost. "I respect him and I have a deep debt of gratitude in him." I said and take a sigh. "He's not my type, though I like his gentleman attitude if that's what you call it..."

« "What?! Gentleman?" She burst out laughing. "You don't know him. I won't call him gentleman anymore when you know that he can kidnap someone and hold them for ransom."

» Not that I care but I already know their love story, heard it many times but still I need to ask.

"Kidnap? Who?"

« "Me. He kidnaps me and discovered our race. He is the first or I should say, the only cross-species thief." I said, still clear in my head the first time we met.

» "Really. Amazing." Faking my amazement, though when I heard it first I was really amazed. "So it was like, love at first sight?"

« "Oh dear no. I didn’t experience that kind of thing. We really have a rough start then we became best of friends." I said, I'm really comfortable telling this to her.

» "And wishes to be more than that, right?" I inquire. Knowing how your mother feels towards your father before they get together is the best, it's like I'm her girl friend... Telling me her relationship...

« I sigh. "Yes." Then I look at her. "But we can't be together. We're in different species." It really hurts when I think of that.

» "Different species, my butt. Really, you’re thinking of that? I mean, maybe you two are different but remember what are we talking here, its LOVE. Love can conquer anything, it knows no bounds." I want to convince her in this one.

« "Well, what if we got together, his life is faster than mine. I'm afraid I can't let him go." I'm nearly crying. She affects me this much? No, they both affect me this much. Dianne and Artemis.

» "Then don't." She stared back at me. "You know sometimes any living being, I'm including your world here, they have to be selfish... Follow your heart in some decisions, not just mind because you may end up regretting it in the end."

« "It's too difficult to think any solution. I'm not genius as him." The only solutions I can think of his prolong his life by making him an elf but how?

» "Then why don’t HE find the solution for it. He's a genius right and you're an elf so I'm pretty sure that warlocks, witches, pixies, goblins, vampires, werewolves or even the Loch Ness monster is true.  You two, if together may found something more than the solution itself." Discover us. Discover Hybrids.

« "Warlocks, ah." All I can think is N.1, Qwan, Foaly, and even Artemis himself working together for that. "Somehow that sure helps. Talking to you helps me feel relief." And I can’t help but yawn, I'm sleepy now.

» "I'm so glad that I can help you. Though we only met I already feel attached to you." I also yawn.

« "Thank you." I said smiling to her. We should go back to bed. "Let's go back to bed."

» "Yes. We should go."

+ They go upstairs and discover that there room is next to each other.