Chapter 8: Hearts Grow.

» = Holly's POV: « = Artemis' POV:

« Holly was already entering her room when I got her arm and face her to me.

"What did you two talk about?"

» I can’t look at him. I still remember the kiss and now I have this idea that I can't believe I'm thinking it. If we have to talk about this, we need to avoid eavesdroppers. This idea is too confidential.

"We need to talk about this. Let's go to your room."

« "Okay then." I hold her hand and I see her calm. I entered the room and asked her again because she seems like she didn’t hear me.

"What did you two talk about?"

» I inhale and exhale deeply. "Some things." I can't let him know that. What if he didn't like me? I don't want to be heartbroken.

« "What things?" Then I walk towards her. "I want you to tell me."

» Why does he have to tell those with such sensation and also the silence ambiance in the room helps the tension rise?

"It's... It's nothing about... Y-you... It's all girls thing." I stutter, now I'm done!

« She stutter... Interesting. "You’re defensive. I didn't say it's about me, though you say it's nothing about me. So it is about me. What did you girls talk about me?"

» Oh Frond! Now what?! "I told you it's nothing about you!"

« "Then why don’t you look at me and say it in my face." It is clearly about me.

» I looked at him, in his eyes. I don't want him to know. I don't want to be hurt. "It is nothing about you, Artemis!" I paused at every word.

« I backed up a bit. I was shocked at what she did. She really didn't want me to know. "No matter what you said, I will still know it in a matter of time." We both sat at the bed and I asked her. "How did she saw you?"

» "She surprised me at the kitchen. I didn't notice her presence."

« "And why are you in the kitchen in early morning?"

» "I need a drink. I can't sleep. She was also, can't and need a drink."

« "You can't sleep. Why?" She is still irritated at me but I want to know. "Is it because of the kiss?" I felt my face becoming hot.

» "Wha... D'Arvit! No!" Then I looked at him and saw him flushed. "It was only a good night kiss! Don't make such a big deal out of it."

« What?! Me, making a big deal on it? Of course, I will. I like you! I'm becoming less intellectual and unreasonable because of you!

"I didn't make a big deal on it. It is you. I had a good sleep last night actually."

» "No I'm not! And I already ask her about the songs." I need to change this topic right now! I hope he bites.

« "Changing the topic." I sighed. "I will bite. Where did she learn that?" She really made a big deal on it too.

» I glance at him showing how irritated I am. "She said she learned it from her mother. That, those two songs were being sung to them when they were still a child."

« I looked at her. "Her mother?.. But you told me that your mother made that to you personally. Unless..." Is that really possible? The idea I had in mind.

» "Unless what?.. Are you saying that my mother had an affair in some mud man?" Of course not, he not stupid!

"I'm sorry. You're not stupid to think of that. I'm just only occupied from the idea stuck in my mind."