Chapter 10: The Gathering Storm

+ Some place, somewhere in earth...

"Keep quiet! I can't concentrate! Hey you! Yes you! Put a tape on their mouths, set up a camera in front of them, and guard them! Don't let them escape or I’ll kill you."

"Yes ma'am."

"Why are you looking at me like that? Do you pity them because they're merely kids?!" She laugh, evil, menacingly laugh. "Don't be. They are Fowl. Fowl's don't deserve pity. They are meant to die anyway... Double time!"

"Yes, Miss Koboi."

¤¤¤

Nadine's POV:

+ Fowl Manor.

It's nearly evening when I finish the dress. My dress. Now I need to make one for mom. She needs to hide her ears in the crowd. Maybe I'll go ask her. I knock at her door and she opened it.

"Holly, how will you hide your ears in the party?"

"Artemis said that he will call a warlock from below ground and get a potion that will make me a human for the time being."

"Oh, okay. I was hoping that maybe I could get your measurements now but I guess that would have to wait."

"Yeah, sorry. Are you done with yours?"

"Yes."

"May I see?"

"Nope. It’s a surprise."

"Ehh... Too bad."

"Sorry."

"That's okay. Don't worry about that." She said then hugged me tightly and I also returned it to her.

"Is there something wrong, Holly?"

"No. Nothing. Just want to hug you." I just smiled at that and left the room.

¤¤¤

Artemis' POV:

"Foaly, can you send N.1 here? We needed him immediately." I need N.1's potion, to make Holly human for a mean time.

"Truthfully, Fowl. N.1's here in Ops Booth so you better talk to him. N.1!" Then N.1 appears on the screen.

"What do you need me for?"

"I need one of your potions for Holly to appear human. For a short period of time." Then Foaly interrupt.

"What are you planning to do Mud man?"

"Nothing much, we think that if Holly need to talk to Dianne personally without risking her identity we need to make her appear human and thank you for calling me Mud man." I need to lie.

"You're lying, Fowl."

"No, I'm not. Were friends for a very long time and you still didn't trust me?" I said with a smirk.

"No."

"That hurts." Then N.1 asked.

"When can I come there?"

"The sooner the better."

"Well, then I'm coming there tonight. See you soon." By that N.1 left the Ops Booth.

"Foaly, can you possibly contact the future by not using a time travel?"

"You mean contact them via computers and such? I don't know. I didn't try it yet." I just nodded.

"But I saw the way you look at the mysterious fairy communicator. You know something about that don't you?" This time Foaly smirk.

"Looks like you just want all the information yourself, Fowl... Yes, I know that. All information about that." Then he showed me a draft of the said fairy communicator. "Its name is FairyCom 2.0. That should be a communicator I invented to contact the future when you are in the past." I just look at him, signaling to continue.