Chapter 11: Shiver.

Nadine's POV:

"What is he doing here? I mean..."Mom said to dad. I'm just listening at their conversation.

"I don't even know. And look at him, he's very different from the Spiro we know. We aren't even sure if he is the Spiro we think he is." Dad said to mom.

"Do you know that guy?" I asked maybe they keep calm or lower their panic feeling right now.

"Umm... Yes and No. Maybe. I hope he's not the way we think he is." Mom said to me. Dad contact someone, maybe Butler. We're all on guard.

Minutes have passed and Spiro didn't act suspiciously, not enough though. Spiro being stay put like that was on the plan. I got away to them for a minute, chatting with other guest, getting information and eyeing Spiro. Then the worst part came, Minerva approach dad as usual... I hope dad ask about Spiro.

¤¤¤

Artemis' POV:

I saw Dianne interacting with people, looks like she is enjoying this, just who did she get that personality, enjoying a party, must be in Holly... Something is off though, Jon Spiro, he is not the Jon Spiro we know but... Wait, Dianne is with the LEP. Here, in the party is a man named Jon Spiro... I can help but think the possibility that they are connected.

"Arty!" A voice suddenly interrupt my thoughts, I heard Holly sighed. Well, who won't... Then the owner of the voice sat right beside me kiss my cheek as a greeting then hook her arms around me, Holly is in left beside me.

"Happy Birthday, Minerva." I said to her. Minerva came to our table and left her escort in nowhere in the crowd.

"Thank You. I'm so glad you came. Who's the girl with you?"

"This lovely woman left beside me..." I really emphasize the left as I look at Holly and she smiled back. "... Is Holly Short, my girlfriend." Then I look back at Minerva and she is staring back at me.

"That Holly Short... Is this Holly Short?" She asked as she turns her look to me and Holly.

"Yes." I said confidently.

"And girlfriend?.. She is your girlfriend?!" Her eyes turned wide, I smirk.

"Yes. Why? Is there something wrong with it?" She's turning red with anger but it amuse me that she tried to talk to us like ordinary.

"Wrong? You're asking me? What the hell is wrong with the genius you? Are you blind? All of it is wrong! Hell wrong!" Looks like Minerva cannot help to lower her voice anymore... We are gaining the guests attention now.

"Perhaps..." I look at Holly when she speak but she was stopped when Dianne came.

¤¤¤

Nadine's POV:

"... Hell wrong!" I heard a woman voice shouts. I look at the origin of the voice. It's from Minerva Paradizo. I hurriedly came back to our table.

"Perhaps..."

"What's happening here?" I asked dad.

"Who are you?!" Minerva crudely asked me.

"Wooh... Manners girl. Haven't they teach you that?" I said as I seat and she just stared at me but I know she was surprised and getting conscious in her environment.

"Is that how you treat a guest? No wonder my mother hates you..." I suddenly stopped. I slipped. I look at mom and dad and they are both smiling at me or controlling themselves not to laugh.

"I am sorry if I kind of insult you in my way of asking... Who are you?" Minerva asked, faking her finesse.

"Just an acquaintance of Artemis and Holly. Nothing of importance." I smiled at her. I can feel her irritation.