N I N E

Kai brought you back to their home and laid you down to rest. After all you had learnt about him today, he needed you to have a little bit of peace and solitude. Adjusting to this lifestyle was not going to be easy, especially when he needed to feed. 

Kai strolled down the dark halls, chewing on his bottom lip in annoyance. He had not eaten in days since the realization of you being his soulmate. He could not lay with another woman or think about taking another life to add to his own.

"Back so soon brother?" Sehun sighed as he stretched out his long legs across the antique coffee table. 

"I told her everything" Kai mumbled, still quite irritable. 

"You dont look happy about it" Sehun quizzed, eyeing his brother as he settled down next to him. 

Kai sighed heavily and stared at the glass of whiskey in front of him. "I haven't fed in three weeks" he mumbled, "Im about to go absolutely crazy." 

"Are you an idiot ? you are going to turn into a pile of dust if you dont feed anytime soon" Sehun snapped, not phasing his frustrated brother one bit. Neither of them noticed you standing behind the wall, eyes bloodshot listening to their current conversation. 

"Im not going to kill (y/n), and I dont want to kill anyone else because-"

"because what ?!" Sehun hissed, "because your new girlfriend thinks killing is wrong ?" 

"It is wrong"

Laughter escaped Sehun's lips as he evaluated the irony coming out of his brother's mouth. Before you had come along, Kai had women over constantly, even more than his brother. He was blood thirsty. Not once did he ever think to himself that all of this was wrong. He preyed, he fed and moved on the next victim. 

"Well I hope she has fun fucking a skeleton when you are dead and gone" Sehun chuckled, chugging down the remains of the whiskey. 

There had to be something you could do. You didnt want to be the reason why Kai had become so weak, you didnt want him to live his life to benefit yours especially if it was killing him in the process. 

You emerged from the corner and were greeted by the piercing eyes of the brothers, a smirk developed on Sehun's face, as he realized you had listened to the entire conversation. 

"Well hello (y/n) fancy see----"

"feed" you demanded, cutting of Sehun and locking gazes with Kai. "Feed Jongin, its the only way you will feel better." 

"I made a promise to not drink of another woman's blood" Kai replied, his white hair falling lifeless over his eyes. 

"Then feed on me" you announced, your voice shook but you were going to try anything and everything to nurse him back to health. 

Kai's eyebrows sunk at your words. He looked up at you as if you had lost your mind completely. You didnt know what he was capable of, why would you put yourself in such a dangerous position?

"I-I-I cant..." he stuttered, still horrified by the thought of it, "I could kill you (y/n)." 

"you wont kill me" you smiled reassuringly, as you seated yourself on his lap and exposed your neck. Kai's eyes bulged as his eyes laid eyes on the pulsating vein on your neck, the sound of your heartbeat echoed around him. You shut your eyes tightly as you felt his cold finger trace your exposed neck, each second was agonizing, you didnt know what to expect from it. 

"You are really brave (y/n)" Sehun cooed behind you, "Im able to stop, but my brother here always sucked his victims dry, and now that he has not eaten in three weeks well...." 

"Shut up" Kai growled, moving his lips closer to your neck, "take a deep breath in baby, I promise it will be all over soon." 

It was only a matter of seconds when you felt the most excruciating pain course throughout your entire body. It felt as though your insides were on fire, your breathing became more shallow as you tried to scratch at Kai's hands, wanting the pain to stop. Your vision became blurred as Kai finally pulled away and Sehun nursed your now blood covered neck as you desperately tried to regain your strength. 

"Its okay, you're okay" Sehun whispered, holding his breath as he placed a bandage on your neck.  

"Kai...." you hummed, the only word that could escape from your lips. 

You looked behind Sehun and noticed Kai's stiff body. 

He was not moving. 

"Kai!!" you yelled with all your strength.

Sehun glanced back, only to see his brother's limp body crash to the wooden floor beneath him.