F I F E T E E N

Morning was finally upon you and instead of finding Kai laying down by your side, you found yourself back at your apartment as if last night was a dream. You shook your head frantically and jumped out of bed, checking yourself in the mirror. You were in a different set of clothes, the clothes that you wore when you went to see Kai were nowhere to be found. You were certain that you were at his place last night. You remembered going there with Sehun, you remembered talking to Suho, you remembered falling asleep in his arms. 

Was this part of the deal ? not saying goodbye ?

You grabbed your belongings and headed out of the door, making your way over to the book shop. Your mind ran through a million thoughts of last night, none of that could of been a dream. You were there, he was there, you remembered everything clearly. 

You finally arrived at the shop, only to find it locked and barred. You peered through the dusty windows for any sign of one of the brothers but the shop was vacant. Did he really just shut you out like this? 

As you were about to make your way back to your apartment you heardsomeone call out to you. Turning around you were greeted by an elderly man, carrying a file of papers and a huge grin plastered on his face. 

"Excuse me dear, are you perhaps Ms. (y/l/n) ?" he asked, the smile on his face only growing wider.

"uhm...yes yes I am" you replied, as the man pulled a key out of his pocket and inserted it in the shop door. 

"ah wonderful, you are the new owner I see" he gleamed, "Well come in! the previous owners said you worked here before and you knew your way around the shop."

"previous owners..."

"uhm yes, uh Mr Kim....I think it was" the man smiled, "oh well here are the papers for you to sign I'll come by tomorrow to pick them, have a good day."

You nodded as the man retreated out of the shop and your eyes immediately went to the door at the back of the store. As you walked towards it, a knot developed in your stomach, not knowing what could possibly be behind those doors. It felt much like the first time you entered those doors, when it was still forbidden. Only now, you were unsure of what was real and what wasn't. 

You swallowed hard as your hand gripped the handle and slowly turned it down, shutting your eyes in anticipation as you pulled it open. Your heart raced as your eyes fluttered open, only to see a huge stone wall covering the entire entrance. This was it. The realization. Kai was gone and you either had to wait, or give up on the fantasy that was spoon fed to you. You had no idea what made sense and what didn't, all you knew was that you were now alone, back where it first began. 

You sunk to the floor and hugged your knees to your chest, feeling a slight feeling of discomfort. You felt insane. The way everything was planned made it seem like nothing happened. Even the elderly man was precisely placed to meet you when you decided to visit the shop. Every single detail was planned by him. He knew how to make the pain of him leaving you more bearable, but completely erasing himself like your relationship didn't happen was what got to you. All you wanted to do was give up. Move on. Erase him like he did to you.