T W E L V E

You turned on the faucet of the shower and felt Kai's hands wrap around your waist as he nuzzled your neck. You rested your head on his chest as he began to unbutton your shirt, slowly letting it fall to ground beneath you. His lips found your neck and immediately began tracing his lips along your bare skin, making you shiver with excitement.

Kai remained silent as he slipped off his clothes and joined you in the shower, all that could be heard was the sound of the water crashing against the stone floor and your deep sighs.

You turned your body to face him and pressed your lips against his, wrapping your arms around his shoulders to keep your balance. Kai returned a much rougher kiss, grabbing onto your sides as if this was the first and last kiss you had ever shared.

His hands moved to your face as he placed soft kisses along your jawline. You traced your hands down his abdomen, along the crevices of his muscles and wet skin. Kai's movements became quicker and you felt the eagerness with each kiss as he continued to grace your skin with his lips.

"I missed you so fucking much" he whispered, pressing your body against the cold wall.

It wasn't long until you matched his eagerness and Kai positioned himself behind you. A low growl escaped his lips as he thrusted into you. You matched his speed and you felt the feeling of euphoria you had always experienced with him, this time more than ever.

Kai continued to please you and as you were about to reach your peak, when you noticed a trickle of blood roll down your arm.

Immediately shoving him of you, you turned around completely in shock as you saw the cause of blood.

"Kai! Your nose!...its bleeding!" you shouted, as Kai wiped his nose and inspected the blood that now dripped down his fingers.

"Kai? What's wrong? " you desperately asked, "you need to tell me what's going on with you right now."

Kai replied with a nod and cleaned himself up as you grabbed your gown from the door handle and made your way into your living room. He finally emerged from bathroom and joined you on the couch as you crossed your arms, waiting for an explanation. 

"Okay (y/n)" he sighed deeply, "this is what's been going on with me, and I want you to promise me that you will agree to whatever I propose."

"I can't do that"

"(y/n)...."

"I'm not agreeing to anything I have no information on" you stated, you were not about to do this whole contract thing with him once again.

Kai rubbed his temples and nodded in agreement. It was only fair to you. You were involved so you had the right to make your own decision on the matter.  

"I'm sure Suho told you something about you being the reason that I was in that condition, well it's a little more complicated than that" he began, looking over at you before he continued. 

"That day I realized you were my soulmate was when we first slept together, I knew I couldnt kill you because I loved you and also because my body physically rejected your energy. From that day, I was becoming weaker and weaker, not only because I wasnt feeding but because you were around. I didnt want to say anything, I should have, but only after I tasted your blood did I realize exactly what was going on between us."

You chewed on your already reddened lip as he spoke. None of this is what you expected him to say. You figured whatever Suho gave him would of cured him, but that wasn't the case apparently.  Kai shifted in his seat, knowing the worse was yet to come and he didnt know how you would respond to it.

"Here's the deal, your'e human, and im not. Our kind are not supposed to have a romantic connection in any way, the result will always be toxic. Our energies are like push and pull, the closer we are, the more my body will turn on me. It's going to break me,  but we love each other and that's not going to stop me from being with you" he frowned, staring at the ground.

"Jongin...." you whispered.

"(y/n)!" he yelled as he got down to his knees and buried his face in your lap, "I cant do this, they told me to leave you for my own good but I cant. How am I supposed to leave someone who means so much to me even though they are killing me.."

"killing you ?!" you repeated his words, "Jongin no, no we cant go---"

"I can handle it, I promise! Its nothing I cant handle, Ive lived through so many decades, a mix between energy isnt going to harm me" he retorted, grasping onto your hands tightly.

"Jongin" you murmured, "look at you, this is not the same person I first met and its killing me inside. If im the cause of your pain, I want to make it better, please."

Kai let go of your hands and slumped his shoulders. His eyes became dull, almost lifeless. He stood up and kept his focus on the wooden floor beneath him. He was a mess. 

"so what now?" he mumbled.

"I guess..this is goodbye."