T H I R T E E N

The weeks went by and each day become harder and harder. You kept to your word and shut him out of your life. There were days you knew he was standing outside your door, a part of you wanted to swing the door open and bury yourself in his chest but the logical side of you knew better. He tried calling you, he asked people to deliver you messages  he tried everything in his power to reconnect with you, but you refrained from giving in to him. 

It was now nearing a month since you last saw him and you were at your breaking point. How could you possibly live on like this? How could you go on without him being by your side?

As you pondered on this thought, you received a knock on your door which made you snap out of your daydream. You swallowed hard and peered through the peep hole, only to be greeted by Sehun. You had no clue why he was here, but this was now your only source of information of how Kai was doing.

"Sehun, what are you doing here?" you said, stepping to the side to allow him inside your apartment. 

"Its nice to see you too (y/n)" Sehun grinned, as he took a seat on the couch and quietly judged your untidy apartment, "uh, nice little place you have here." 

You shrugged and joined him on the couch as Sehun crossed his legs, as if he was waiting for you to ask about Kai. 

"Wow the both of you are just miserable" Sehun huffed.

"....Is he okay?" you asked, biting down on your lip. 

"If borderline suicide is okay then I guess so" Sehun joked, you didnt appreciate his sadistic humor, especially not now, not when he had no idea how the both of you really felt. 

You shifted nervously in your seat not knowing how to respond to him. Sehun noticed your uneasiness and immediately stopped his insensitive mocking and took your hand in his. The sudden coldness made you flinch but you allowed him to hold your hand, it was the only source of comfort you had in awhile.

"Im  gonna to get right to the point here" Sehun sighed, "Suho has figured this all out, If you think you can handle the outcome in order to be with Jongin, then he will tell you the process right now."

You pondered on the thought for a while. Ofcourse you wanted Jongin back, but the possibility of a consequence was in order, and you weren't sure if you could bring yourself to experience yet another hardship surrounding their lifestyle. It was either you were in, or out. 

"You dont have to do any---"

"Lets go" you said, knowing one last shot was all you had. 

The two of you arrived at the shop and began to make your way down the stairs and into their home. Suho was seated in the lounge with Jongdae, your sudden presence alerting both of them to turn to your direction. 

"(y/n), you made it" Suho smiled as you noticed a disorientated Jongin, drag himself into the lounge, his eyes immediately lighting up as they met yours. 

"(y/n)!" he called, rushing over to you and buried his face into the crooked of your neck. You quickly responded by wrapping your arms around his waist as he pulled you closer, tighter, the feeling of him against your skin triggered your tears, tears of longing. 

"okay lets get to why I asked you to come here (y/n)" Suho announced and gestured for you to take a seat.

You walked with Kai, hand in hand and sat across Suho and Jongdae, the nerves immediately revisiting you as Kai squeezed on your hand gently as Suho drew in a deep breath.

"As you know of the consequences of being with our kind, Jongin and I have found a solution to your problem, there is just a major downfall to all of this, and its up to if you are willing to go through with it" Suho sighed, as he glared at Kai, "its not his choice, its yours right now." 

You looked over at Kai who held his head down during the conversation, but held onto your hand tightly, making you even more nervous as to what was going to happen.

"I accept...not because of Jongin, because I dont think I could go on without being able to try with the first person I've ever loved...Im willing to try" you nodded, squeezing Kai's hand in return. 

" Very well, In order for you to be with Jongin, he needs to reborn. There is only one way for him to be reborn as a human, it is for him to die in our world" Suho stated, eyes flickering between you and Kai.

"and how long will it take for him to be 'reborn' ?" you asked, knowing this could be the catch you were dreading to hear.

"This is now the tricky part. He would definitely be human, its just the fact of how long he will take to find you" Suho answered, "It could take months (y/n), maybe even years, and he wont be able to remember anything that the two of you experienced in this life, but you will feel the exact same way, because your souls are forever connected."

You felt as though your insides were on fire. Panic began to set in. Years, and he wont remember you ? all you had to depend on was whatever tied the both of you together and fate coming into play.