Mason pov

"I'm staying with her Mas" TJ tells me.

I knew my brother would choose to. He loves our mom, so do I. We all do. But its all just so complicated.

"She lied to us TJ" I shake my head "our entire lives"

"Actually, she didn't" a new voice says .

We whip toward the voice. But there's nothing, until a girl, about my age, literally appears from no where.

My eyes widen which causes her to laugh.

"Who are you?" TJ asks.

"Hope Michaelson" she smiles doing a curtsy "you're Tyler Jr aka TJ and you...." She comes and stands in front of me "are Mason. The oldest one"

I take a step away from her "h-how did you just.....appear"

"Cloaking spell" she says in a duh tone. I look at my brother to see he also has no idea what she's talking about "I'm a witch" she explains further

"Like my mom?"

"Yeah, but no where near as powerful" Hope sighs as she plops down on to the armchair.

"Let's rewind here" I stop her and TJ from continuing on with their conversation. Hope gives me an irritated look "what did you mean by she didn't lie to us"

Hope groans "my dad compelled her. She forgot, it wasn't til the other night when those people broke in and he undid the compulsion did everything come back to her!"

So my mom really didn't lie to us?

I just.....I don't know if I can get my head around any of this though. I mean she's a vampire! She's over 100 years old!

"What do you want?!" I snap at Hope, suddenly annoyed with her intrusion.

"Company" she shrugs.

"Well go find it else where"

"Mason!" TJ shoves me "ignore my brother, he's an ass"

If mom was to hear him right now, she'd probably use her powers to blast the cuss words out of him.

"Its fine" Hope shrugs "You're lucky you're cute" she winks at me before exiting the room.

Girls are so weird.

Enough of that though, back to our own family issue.

"I don't want to live with dad" I glare at the thought of him "he's a dog"

"Amen brother" TJ says raising his hands.

I shake my head and chuckle at him "you are a strange one little brother"

"Fit right in with the family" he beams. "Mas, can we just forget about this craziness for a bit and just..... I don't know.....hang out?"

"Best idea I've heard all day" I smile.

I toss TJ an Xbox controller.

Mom said this room was someone's brothers room, Jeremy, or something and he just so happened to leave his game behind.

"Anything good?" TJ asks as we settle in to play.

I'm sat on the floor in front of the TV while TJ sprawls himself at the bottom of the bed.

"Cod..." I shrug.

We game for hours, momentarily distracted by the normality that is Xbox.

"To much of that will rot your brain"

TJ and I jump at the sound of another person.

TJ actually falls off the bed, which is funny.

"Dude!" I gasp "where do you fit in, in this circus of a family?" I ask the guy.