Chapter 1: Im Hatin' it

He despised and hoped to get rid of the very being that invented low class low income jobs for the needy and complete ignorant. The day was a shabby grey morning, fog filled the air and the chilly wind was a cooling sensation due to the broken AC and the bright Texas sun shining down on his clamy skin. The sun wasn't as bright as it was on Alternia but it surely must have been closer, it was just too hot.

It had been a few months since his encounter with a particular asshole and he hoped to never see him again anyways. He was Albino, a lot like Dave, so he could understand a bit of the saltiness the kid had to offer, but he wasn't even doing anything wrong. There wasn't a rule in the human handbook that said studying ones appearance was bad, was there?

He stood in his spot behind the counter of the fast food place, its yellow interior and arches already annoying him and yet also reminding him of Sollux, someone he should probably contact to see how he was doing. His eyes gazed around the room, chin resting in his hand, and attempted to not glare at the costumers, knowing Dave would become quite angry if he got fired again.

"Uhm Excuse me?" A voice spoke, interrupting him from his thoughts. When he looked up, three humans with a bazaar get up stood before him. He assumed that based from his knowledge on humans they had to have been cosplayers, and attempted to not insult them. He actually wouldn't mind cosplaying, it was just too weird and he probably would fail at it anyways. It was best that he just continued glaring at them and pretending he hated the life style.

He gave his best scrunched nose and straitened up, still a hunch in his back, and spoke gruffly. " Hey, welcome to Mcdonalds, how may i help you?"

The tallest of the group smirked at troll and leaned in flirtatiously, "Maybe you could help me by giving me your trollian?"

He rolled his eyes, "Or maybe no. I'm here to serve you food not go on fucking dates with your pathetic ass so why don't you ju- No, i cannot go on a date with you. I have a mate already."

He laughed in response and nodded his head, "same though so like- haha it was a joke, smooth reaction." After the brief conversation they ordered and then left soon after, this was probably going to be the only interesting event for the troll until he got home.

The day was agonisingly long, customers coming and going, watching people spit on the food occasionally. He was sure to never eat out again. The clamyness of the building itself was over baring, the heat of the day wrapping its blanket around the costumers and himself and suffocating them in the hot air of its breath. He was glad to finally shut down the inside section and clean up the place, sweeping and wiping down counters before he had to go.

Right as he walked through the glass double doors, a familiar short black haired boy shoved past. He didn't take mind to it, wanting to get home to dave as soon as possible, and went out, the cool air comforting him, its fingers tickling across his grey and moist skin from the devils grasp inside the building. He unbuttoned the top of his shirt and sat sprawled out on a bench near by, texting Dave quickly letting him know it was time to get him.

He laid back and closed his eyes, soaking in the cool breeze, and relaxed on the bench as he waited for his ride. Dave was most likely in the area anyways, probably at Walmart renting a new red box movie for them since it was movie night. It was his favorite thing about Fridays.

He hadn't realized he had fallen asleep but the gentle tapping on his shoulder told him otherwise, grumbling and eyes fluttering open, he awoke to find his smirking mate above him. "Hey there babe."

"Fuck you, what took you so long asshole?"

"i can totally take you up on that offer tonight Karkles, and sorry, i got a bit carried away because there was this pony ride and i had to ride... for ironic purposes of course."

"Yeah sure, what the fuck ever, lets just go. I'm tired of sitting here and having more people associate me with being a fucking lazy bumb or some shit."

"Alright." Dave said, pulling Karkat up into his arms and holding him close to his chest. Their faces were close together, their lips inches apart, and Karkat rested his head onto Daves shoulder. They stood in a romantic embrace for a minute or so before breaking apart and heading for the truck. Dave was being the gentlemen and opened Karkats door for him, he nodding in approval, before he himself got in and they drove off.

The car ride was silent in speech but loud and vibrant in music, Dave playing Weezer. The two rocked their heads in tune to the music, Karkat enjoying the songs almost as much as Dave did.

Once home the movie was put in for preparation and Karkat made the two of them a quick supper. He put together leftover tacos from last night along with the cheese dip and chips, Dave sitting at the kitchen table all the while and watching.

"I love you."

Karkat stopped momentarily and smiled, "I love you too loser. Do you want some tomatoes?"

"Nah, I'm good. Are you happy?"

He turned around confused, catching the strider deep in thought. "Of course I'm happy Dave, why the fuck would i put up with you if i wasn't is some fashion happy with you?"

"No i mean- fuck, with your whole quadrant thing? i mean, i know trolls need a kismesis and shit and if you want one- i want you to be happy man. I don't want you to think I'm forcing you to change everything for us..."

"for fucks sake, where in the fuck is all this bullshit coming from?" He sighed, taking a seat in Daves lap and running his clean hand through Daves hair comfortingly.

"You've been kinda off and depressing lately. I don't wanna make you unhappy."

Dave nibbled his lip, it was a shy act and completely adorable. Karkat chuckled gruffly and ran his lips over Daves, giving him a soft kiss.

"I'm happy with you, i just hate this damn planet."

Dave chuckled in response and nibbled on his lip, leaving a trail of kisses along his face. "I feel ya karkat."

Their mouths moved in synch against one another's as they kissed passionately, arms around their waste.

Within seconds the two were in a full blown make out session.