Chapter 8: problems in paradise

The conversation that day intrigued Karkat. He wanted to know more about human him, his home life, his everything pretty much. Their differences and aliknesses were beginning to fascinate him, he did however still hate him, maybe for more personal reasons then anything, however he could tell the feeling was mutual. The other had looked at him with a burning feeling of definitely negative energy.

He also respected the other, knowing that both of them had a mutation from both of their worlds and yet he handled it a little better than he could have. At least he wasnt scared to show his eyes and didnt wear normal colored contacts or adopt the shade habbit like the Daves, both of whom were also mutants.

Karkat had to let out a small chuckle at that, finding the whole situation ridiculously humorous. He got odd looks at work as he laughed to himself, scowling at them afterword and getting back into serious mode, or was trying to.

"Wait a fucking second." He thought to himself as he put in an order for a costumer.

All the dots slowly started connecting and he wanted to scream. He couldnt- it was way too weird-

"Oh fuck me." He said plainly, the lady in front of him blinking in shock before giving him a puzzled look and backing away.

He couldn't help but face palm at his entire situation that was unfolding before him.

He was black for human him.