Chapter 3: Silence in the Library

“You’re late.” I heard the blunt voice of that oh-so-annoying partner.

Well, who thought you’ll be early. I thought. “I had a few other things to do first.” I said coolly.

“Well there’s nothing wrong with the way you look.” He replied checking me head-to-toe. “But if you insist on dressing up for me, you have to do better than that.”

I glared at him but he just looked back innocently at me. “Whatever. Can we just get this over with?”

“Not.” He turned his seat. “Until you tell me why you’re late….” He paused to look at his watch. “By half an hour.”

“What’s wrong if I’m late?”

“Well we agreed that we’re meeting after school and you just made me wait for half an hour.”

“Excuse me?” I stared at him. “If I recall, you were the one making plans without me getting a chance to actually say anything yet.”

He rolled his eyes, “You’re still late.”

“I told you. I had a few other things to do first.” I growled.

“Which is?”

“None of your business.” I snapped.

“What is it?” He persisted.

What is wrong with this guy? “Can we just start?” I was getting annoyed.

“I told you, not until you tell me why you’re late.”

“I don’t have to explain to you.”

“Yes you do.”

“No I don’t!”

“Yes you do.”

“No. I. Don’t!”

“Do!”

“Don’t!

“Do!”

“Don’t!”

“Do!”

“Don’t!”

“Do!”

“Don’t!”

“SHHHHH!!” We both turned around to look at the librarian standing before us. “Will you both stop acting like children and understand that there would be no shouting in the library!”

I looked around to see everyone was looking at us. I glanced at Luke and he shrugged like it was no big deal. We both turned back to the librarian who was still glaring at us and muttered a quick sorry. “I’ll be watching you both.” She glared at us and went back to her post.

“This is your fault!” I whispered harshly to Luke.

“You started the shouting!”

“Well if you didn’t have to be so persistent about knowing where I was, we could’ve just get the work done with!”

“Well I’m not letting you go until you tell me why you were late.”

“I told you already! I had other things to do!”

“Which is?”

“None. Of. Your. Business!”

“Shh..”

We both looked toward the librarian and saw that she was still glaring at us.

He turned back to me, “Well whatever. I think I have the right to know why when you show up half an hour late.”

“Will you just drop it?”

“No!”

I sighed, “Well I am not telling you. So either we start this or I’m leaving.”

“You’ll lose a grade.”

“I’ll talk to Mr. Henderson.”

“And if he doesn’t agree?” His lips curled into a smirk.

“He will.”

“And you’re sure?”

“Yes.” I answered and a wave of silence pass through us. We both knew that Mr. Henderson won’t let me work alone. He smirked at me, yet again. “You know, the idea of writing a biography about a certain person is to know the person.”

I sighed and shook my head. Since when is this guy smart. “Fine. I was picking up my sister first. My uncle and I usually take turns, and because today he’s got some extra work to do, I had to pick her up.”

He nodded and tapped his chin like he was approving what I just said. I glared at him and he smirked. “That wasn’t so hard was it?”

“Annoying nosy prat.” I muttered sitting down and opening a blank page in my notebook.

“What?” He narrowed his eyes at me.

Oops. I guess he heard that. Not that it’s a lie.

“What?” I asked back innocently.

“You just said something.”

“Yes, I said ‘what’.”

“Don’t play dumb with me. Before that.”

“Before ‘what’?”

“Before you said ‘what’.” He started to get annoyed.

I tried so hard to hide a smirk and replied, “Yeah that’s what I asked, before the ‘what’?”

“No! Wait. What?!”

I burst out laughing uncontrollably and had to turn my volume down at the odd stares people were giving me. I silenced down a bit and sniggered quietly.

He whispered incoherently and glared at me while I grinned and took out a pen. “So where do we start…………”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N. Alright! So there goes my part! :D What do you guys think? I'm not as good as Elle since she has waay more experience than me.. But anyways, enjoy!

-✧