Chapter 5: Haunting from the Unforgotten Past

I froze as he moved away from me.

“You can move now you know.” He said after he realized I was just standing there. I didn’t move and he sighed, “Fine. Stay there.”

“What…… What are you doing here?” I managed to choke out.

“It’s nice to see you too.” He smirked and walked off towards the park bench.

I snapped back to reality and ran after him. Wait. I stopped short a few feets away from him. What am I doing? How would I know for sure that he’s the Haydn I knew. He had just threatened me with a knife! Not that it’s unexpected after what happened before.. I looked at him and saw that he was staring at me. He raised an eyebrow and I looked away. Well, there’s only one way to find out. I started walking towards him and stood in front of him. We both stared at each other without a word.

“So?” I broke the silence.

“So what?”

“Are you going to answer my question?”

“Which particular question?

“What are you doing here.” I said impatiently.

He smirked at my impatience. “Impatient now are we?”

I rolled my eyes.

“Well, I came to see what you were up to. Apparently, being chased by fan boys are in the list now are they?” He cocked an eyebrow.

I narrowed my eyes at him, “And how did you know that I was here?”

“Word goes around.” He shrugged.

“And what do you want with me?” I looked at him suspiciously.

“Nothing really, how’s lil’ Sel?”

“She’s fine.” I answered stiffly.

He chuckled at my answer, “Relax, I’m not gonna do anything to either of you.”

I snapped at his comment, “You better not.” I growled.

He laughed again and asked seriously, “What happened to you?”

“I could ask the same question.”

“What’s wrong with me?”

“You changed.” I noted silently.

“So did you.” He whispered.

“Well do you blame me?” I glared at him.

“No..” He said shaking his head. Silence passed between us again, and this time, it felt colder.

“Look, can we just.. Start over? At least for this time..?” He asked with a hint of hope in his voice.

“Excuse me? You want me, us, to start over? After all that happened? Hadyn I was six! Liesel was just three! And… And you just let that all happen!” I said frantically.

“It wasn’t my fault okay?!” He glowered. “I didn’t have much of a choice.”

“Yes you did! And yet you chose to be reckless about it!”

“I was six and scared! I did what I had to do!”

By this time, we were both shouting. I turned away from him willing my tears to not betray me.

“No you didn’t..” My voice quavered. “You did it for your own care.. And look where it has gotten you now.”

“I lived.” He growled.

“And the others?”

Silence passed through once again. People started to disappear, voices of children and parents faded through the wind. Tress rustled and sunlight dimed. It was getting late.

“You chose it Haydn.. Now everything’s gone.” I whispered. “You cost me a lot of people that night. I never thought that…” I choked silently. “That you, of all people would be the one to do that.”

“Skye…” He reached out to me.

I jerked away from him and continued, “Maybe you should’ve thought more about what you were about to do.. I guess it’s not surprising that you’ve changed.”

I saw his guilty expression and felt bad. No Skylar! He doesn't deserve it. I shook off the feeling and brought back my normal expression. I looked at my watch and frowned. It was getting too late. “I have to get back.” I said moving away.

“Wait Skye..” He grabbed my wrist.

I looked up to him and shook his hand off, “Let go.”

“No. You have to listen to me first.”

“Haydn it’s over! Just leave me and Liesel alone!.” I struggled against his grip.

“SKYE!” I heard another shout and saw Luke running towards me.

Shit. I cursed inside my head. Didn’t he ran the other way already.

“Let go Haydn.” I growled at him.

“Listen first.”

I saw Luke stopping in front of me and his eyes directed to my wrist. I gave him a ‘help me’ expression. Right now he’s the only one who can get me out of here. I’d rather argue with him about this mess than be with Haydn right now.

“Let me go.” I struggled against his grip once again.

“Hey man, you heard her. Let go.” Luke grabbed Haydn’s hand that was gripping mine and glared at him.

Haydn raised an eyebrow at me and then turned to him. “And you are?”

“Her friend.” He growled. “And you?”

“Her friend.”

There was silence as both of them glared at each other. Time seemed to slow down and I felt Haydn’s grip loosened around me. I quickly snatched my hand away and ran.

“Wait Skye!” A chorus of the voices called out but I kept running. I have to get away from them.

I did a sudden stop as a car blocked my way. The window rolled down and I saw my uncle Henry. I sighed in relief.

“Skye?” He asked confused. “What are you doing here? I thought you were going to do some project and get home before it’s late.”

“Skye!” I heard the two voices behind me.

“And who are they?” My uncle asked.

“Not now uncle Henry, let me in.” I said hurriedly.

He nodded and opened the doors. I quickly got in and locked my door. He drove away silently but looked at me sternly. Oh great, this is gonna result an hour sitting and explaining what’s still unclear to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N. Hey hey people! Fleur back here! I didn't post last monday 'cause Elle used her 7DP.. But now that she's back so am I! My last chapter didn't go so well.. and I guess Elle got her revenge by bringing up another character.. Yikes! I had a bit trouble writing this chapter, so sorry for the late update! But please enjoy it, and now I can't wait for Elle's response to this :D

-