Chapter 9: Liesel's Charm

*RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING*

Finally. I sighed as the last bell of the day rang. Time to get out of here.

I packed up my things from the desk and stood up.

“Wait a minute class.” Mr. Henderson stopped us. “I still need the assignment I gave you all on the first day.”

All of us groaned and I stiffened. Shit.

“I’m figuring you all haven’t even started.” He shook his head. “I’m extending the deadline to next week.”

The class cheered. “BUT!” The entire class groaned again. “I want quality work from all of you. Now you may go. Have a nice day to all.”

Muffled byes and have-a-nice-days were heard as the class went. I saw Luke heading my way and I sighed. I wonder if Mr. Henderson might consider allowing me to write my own biography. I saw Luke looking at me expectantly and I sighed again. 2nd day of school and it’s already this tiring.

“Well?” I heard Luke ask.

“Saturday?” I ask expectantly.

He raised looked at me questioningly and I explained, “I got grounded because of you the other day. The park incident?”

He nodded. That’s odd. Why is he being so quiet?

“About that…”

Uh-oh.

“Who was the other guy?”

“Skye!” I heard that familiar voice behind me before I could reply.

Oh great.

I saw Luke narrow his eyes and I turned around. “Haydn.”

“Can we talk?”

“No.”

“Please?”

“Give it up, will you?”

“No.”

“Skye?”

I turn around to Luke, “What?”

He looked at me expectantly. Oh right! The question.

“Your friend?” He asked me.

“Not quite.” I shook my head.

“Skye!” I turn around and saw Haydn looking insulted.

“Dude. Let it go, yesterday was bad enough.”

“Stay out of this.” Haydn growled.

“Well I’m right here.” Luke retorted.

Ugh. I’m getting a headache.

“Why are you kids still here?” The three of us turned to Mr. Henderson who just stepped into the room.

“Sorry sir. We’re just going.” Luke glared at Haydn and pulled me out of the room.

“Hey let go.” I struggled against his grip.

Haydn caught up with us and grabbed Luke’s arm. “Hey man, you heard her. Let go.” He said reminiscing the other night.

The both glared at each other and I shook my head.

Boys.

“You know what, I would stay and see who wins this staring contest, but I have to go.” I said finally having my wrist released after a few minutes of struggling. Both boys turned to me, but before any of them could say a word, I ran.