Chapter 7: Not an Early Bird

“LIESEL! WAKE! UP!” I shouted into her room and yanked the blanket away from her.

“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!” Liesel shrieked as she shot up from the bed.

“What’s going on?!” The door banged opened and uncle Henry tumbled in.

“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!” Liesel continued shrieking.

“Make her stop!” I said covering my ears already.

Uncle Henry made way towards her and smacked her face with a pillow.

“HEY!” Liesel sounded offended and smacked uncle Henry back with another pillow.

Uncle Henry, still holding the pillow, smacked her back and before long, they were having a quite vulgar pillow fight.

“THIS IS NO TIME FOR A PILLOW FIGHT!” I finally shouted to them leaving their pillows in mid-air. They both looked at me weirdly and suddenly grinned at each other.

Oh no.

Before I could react, both pillows were thrown rather harshly at me and knocked me down. I growled at both of them and threw the pillow at them.

“Why are you up so early anyways?” Liesel asked noting my ready-for-school appearance. “You’re not usually up early.”

“Are you sick?” I heard uncle Henry asked before I felt the back of his palm on my forehead. I glared at him and events from last night seemed to draw back to him.

“Uncle Henry?” Liesel looked at us weirdly.

“PMS” I saw uncle Henry mouth to Liesel. I sighed inwardly and hoped that Liesel just go with that excuse. She’s too smart for a 13 year old sometimes.

Liesel looked a bit off at what uncle Henry mouthed and turned to me, then uncle Henry, then me, then uncle Henry, then us. “Okay, I think I have to get ready now or else Skye’s attempt for waking me up will be a waste.”

She pushed us out of her door and slammed it on our faces. I looked at uncle Henry and he shrugged. “Get your things and come down for breakfast.”

I nodded and head back to my room to get my bag.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Bye uncle Henry! Bye Skye!” Liesel waved us goodbye and bounced off towards the entrance of her school. Uncle Henry pressed the gas pedal and zoomed off towards my school. Unfortunately, uncle Henry still remembered about the incident the other day and now grounded me by taking away my car. So now he’s going to be picking and dropping us up. Oh the joy.

We reached the school and I went out of the car. “Bye uncle.” I waved to him.

“Skye!” I heard him shout. I turned around to him. “Don’t get into any trouble.”

“Sure!” I shouted back to him and ran off towards the entrance of the building.

How are some people so early? I glanced at my watch and saw that it was 7:30. Classes doesn’t even start ‘till 8. I shook my head and went off to find Luke.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WHITLOCK!” I shouted when I saw Luke with his group of friends.

He turned to me and smirked. “Yes?”

“Can I talk to you?” I asked him looking warily at his friends. “Alone?”

“Hey, if you want some, all you gotta do is pucker up and ask. I’m sure my friends won’t mind.” He leaned to me.

I could hear his friends laughing in the background and glared at him and hissed. “Whitlock. As much as I want to trample you into bits right now. I need to talk to you.”

He looked taken aback for a moment and regained his composure. I looked at him expectantly and he sighed. He waved off his friends and they dispersed.

He leaned onto the locker and raised his brow at me. “Well?”

I took a deep breath and said, “I want my book back.”

“Which book?”

“The book I threw at you yesterday night.”

He thought about it for awhile and finally rummaged through his bag. He pulled out the familiar maroon coloured book and waved it at me. “This book?”

“Yes.” I tried to snatch it away from him, but he held the book above his head, and his height is giving him an advantage as he was taller than me by a few inches.

“Whoa there, I’m not going to give it that easy.”

“Whitlock.” I growled.

“hmm?” He raised a brow at me and I kicked him on the shin. He winced in pain and release his hand from the air above. I grabbed my book and ran.

I ran away from him hearing him call my name several times and letting the shouts fade as I ran further. Without looking to where I was going, I knocked into someone and we both fell. I looked up from the mess and saw the same unmistakably pair of blue eyes. The past just doesn’t give up does it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N. Lily back here! Drumrolls please! *dundundundundundundun* I just used my 7 day pass!! LOL! I was just so busy with my work and *whew* it's not easy to handle it to update every week! LOL! Anyways, I know, this chapter probably suck, but I just can't help it! Elle is really good! Truthfully I wasn't sure how to add up to that chapter! Oh well, hope you still enjoyed this chapter and we'll see what Elle can whip up from this ;)

-♢Fleur