Twenty: The Emotions

The Emotions

Again my brain didn't register the words before they flew right out of my stupid brainless mouth! I didn't actually want to become a Creature, she had just said she could do everything, so it was a general question. It didn't interpret that way once out my mouth, though.

"Please don't answer that. You don't have to. I didn't mean that question, honestly. Can I have something to drink?"

Why would I even say that, I mean, sure Alexander can be a prick but I don't not deserve a mate. I hadn't thought it would be a mass murderer but still, I deserved one and clearly the moon goddess thinks he deserves one too.

She nodded, "There should be something for you in the fridge."

I turned to walk towards the kitchen, opening the fridge I saw some orange juice. Pulling out the bottle I poured myself some juice before returning the bottle into the fridge. I took a sip, savouring the taste.

"Is it safe to go outside?"

"Yes," Aiah answered.

I quickly walked outside once I had received the go ahead. I breathed in the woodsy smell and smiled. I look out towards Nathaniel's territory and sighed. I wanted to go see him. I had grown so close to him that not being able to go and see him whenever I wanted was a little sad.

This isn't a life I want to live if I hadn't known earlier that this was a very irrational thing to do I sure as heck knew now. I probably won't even make it two days at this rate.

Sighing, I turned around ready to walk back into the cottage feeling fed up with myself. As soon as I had my back to the woods I heard a twig snap, gasping – afraid I might be seen – I quickly turned back around eyes as wide as saucers.

Nathaniel came out of the woods wearing basketball shorts. I stood still, scared that he actually could see me and Aiah didn't do the spell well.

However, Nate walked right past me, not even casting me a single glance not even stopping to make sure he smelt something. I made sure not to touch him as I ran past him through the door I had left open, afraid that he would shut me out if I let him go through it first.

A door 'opening itself' would be a dead giveaway.

Natalia smiled a big beaming smile when she saw him, her already radiant face lighting up at the sight of her son. I could feel the love she had for him. He was her blessing after all, without him I imagine she would have really lost it and gone after Nate's father. Probably have killed him and his mate before any Russo was even born.

He was her saving grace, the Moon gifted her Nathaniel with purpose. He was not an abomination like he thought – he was a gift.

"What's the matter?" She pulled him out of a hug, her arms still on his shoulders.

"Why does something have to be wrong for me to be here?" He muttered, moving out of her grasp to pour himself some water.

"Two visits in one day? We both know what that means." She says.

"Yeah. Yeah," He waves his hand dismissively.

Natalia looked at him expectantly, clearly waiting for him to vent to her as I assume he always does when he visits twice in one day.

"Elijah left," He sighed, "I've never seen Alex so distraught."

"What about you?"

"Me? What about me? She's not my mate."

"Yes, but she's your friend."

I scoffed, I see what you're doing lady. The guilt trip won't work I'm staying put, Nathaniel's a big boy, he won't die from a little sadness.